ShawnMc

Mar 14, 2004
Hi, I built a sub-tank setup using flow control valves that meter one direction and freeflow back.

Ive ridden it, and it seems to do exactly what I wanted it to do. A great plush ride through nasty braking bumps, and bottoming is nill over big hits/mistakes/overjumping :cool:

I had the Enzo style set up on my YZF. Im now riding a CRF, but after chasing the fork oil hieght for what seems like the entire length of my ownership, this set up works great.

My question for you is, I've read previously, and have heard that you subscribe to the idea of using a needle valve that meters both directions like the Enzo setup and Id like to know why?

Previously to running my subtank I was running 380cc in the outer chambers. After converting, I raised the level to 400cc. And my tank is 106cc. So I've got a little more volume now. The only clicker adjustment was I went from 11 on the rebound to 9, but why I couldnt tell you with a .357 to my head

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Shawn,
The reason its working over bumps is it not at a threshold of volume.. In other words its not doing much to anything... Take it off and you'll have more bottoming resistance than you do now..

Add more oil to increase the compression ratio to get working the way it should, and your bottoming will be better, only its going to suck in bumps..

Stick your one way valve closed, up your volume and you'll find it works much better..

I was working with my CRF this weekend and the Showas are more finicky than KYB's with subs but they are still a great mod.. I'm sorting out the short Enzo verse the long enzo.. For outdoor I like the big tank with real tight RSB for jumpy tracks the smaller tank works better..

BR,
Jer

ShawnMc

Mar 14, 2004
Jeremy Wilkey said:
Shawn,
The reason its working over bumps is it not at a threshold of volume.. In other words its not doing much to anything... Take it off and you'll have more bottoming resistance than you do now..

Add more oil to increase the compression ratio to get working the way it should, and your bottoming will be better, only its going to suck in bumps..

Stick your one way valve closed, up your volume and you'll find it works much better..

I was working with my CRF this weekend and the Showas are more finicky than KYB's with subs but they are still a great mod.. I'm sorting out the short Enzo verse the long enzo.. For outdoor I like the big tank with real tight RSB for jumpy tracks the smaller tank works better..

BR,
Jer

I did add the voilume of oil. I posted a much more complete responce in: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?p=749874#post749874

And as far as the large tank verses a small tank, I would think that the valve setting should be your metering device as opposed to the ramping up of the pressure in the fork.

At any point, please if you have time, look at the other post and let me know what you think.

I really believe in the subtank setups. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom