jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Today I was taking apart my bike so that when my V-Force Reed Valve comes in tomorrow, I can save myself the time to take it apart and clean things and also have easy access to everything. Anyway I had cleaned my airbox and was putting it back on and I had one side in, and was working on the other. I was having a tough time holding it with one hand and getting the threads to bite with the other hand. I made the first mistake, I tried starting the bolt with the wrench. It started going in crooked and before I noticed that it wasn't going in right, I had tightened it pretty good. So when I tried to get it out, all it did was spin the piece inside the subframe that housed the threads. After trying to get a vice grip on it to try to get the bolt out, I had no choice but to cut the bolt's head off, take off the airbox. Drill out the rivet and have the subframe back to normal. Well now I was wondering what I can do to replace this. I was on Service Honda (since I have a 2001 CR125) and I got the numbers for the other two parts I need...

13 90102-KS6-000 BOLT-WASHER (6X16) 00-01 $3.85
14 90506-425-000 WASHER, RR. COVER 00-01 $1.28

I also need them to put a new rivet in my subframe, that has the threads in it to accept the bolt from the airbox. I plan on going to my local Honda shop tomorrow. Should they have these tiny parts in stock, and how much do you think that piece into the subframe will cost?

The only good thing to come out of this is that I learned a valuable lesson to always be careful with bolts. At least it wasn't a headbolt or something of that nature...

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I believe Pep Boys has these. Other auto parts stores may have them too.  It also seems as though I've seen them someplace else, maybe Harbor Freight.

I doubt the shop has the part. If you can't find them at one of the above places, find a good bolt and fastener supplier in your area.

The final option would be too have someone weld the aluminum hole closed, then drill and tap it. I wouldn't recommend that one though.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Pep Boys you say...hmm I might have to check them out. I don't know if there is one in my area, all I know of is Auto Zone and Advance Auto. I definetely wanna try to get these tomorrow because I need to have the bike in ship shape for the track on Saturday. My dad suggested drilling through the subframe and welding a bolt to the inside but I said no to that one because of how close it is to the subframe mounts. I am going to have to look into this one...hopefully I can get it all squared away...

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Thanks a bunch man. You are a great help. That Nutsert piece looks exactly like what was in there. Now I just need to track it down. I'm going to go to Lowe's tomorrow with the entire subframe and airbox LOL. So I have the bolt there for comparison. I really hope I can get this taken care of.

Top Bottom