marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Read through the RM manual today(its cold and wet out) and i thought how good it was generally, went to shock rebould, they said for  aoil change just let the gas out and remove the comp adjuster, pour old oil out and pour fresh oil in, then gas it up-WOW i thought ive been doing it wrong :confused:  

So i read the full rebuild instructions-remove seal head and clip and remove shaft-then refit in reverse order and fill through the comp adjuster hole-no bleeding mentioned??????

any other manuals read like this??? hope they dont do it that way at the factory:( 

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
it is here the same outside, rainy.
Today i reread all mine old dirt riders. Found some ISDE tips. Great for my next enduro.
And I cld not find my boge-sachs manual so i just uses yr rm manual oke?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I made a small error-they do say to bleed it-with the comp adjuster out-however i find a small reseviour is needed to stop it puking oil all over the shock.I wouldnt try to do it the way they say.

next crazy thing-N2 pressure they say 9.8 bar or 139.5 psi-where do they get these numbers?? whats wrong with 10bar or 145psi??? has someone tested it and found it better at 9.8 bar???

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Marcus: i do hope the weather picks up soon for you back home if you have too much spare time and starting to think too hard about this stuff.

Top Bottom