Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Ok you bunch of cry babies, the Summer Bummer is one month away. I would hope all the emotional scars are gone from the spring run and you realize that "HEY, I DID HAVE FUN" at the Brrrr. That is, after all, why they are called Enduros, to endure, get it ?? :confused:

Anyway, I would hope to see the same gang again, Bill ?? AJ bring that 80 with you again, we can, If you want, get on the same minute again, this could be my son's first Enduro. Gads !! That would mean he will have his drivers license......:scream:

And, as it happens every few years, what better way to spend my "insert age here" birthday.......... :p

Mully

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Now there's a sign of a true enduro rider.

Mully - Unfortunately I've since relocated to upstate NY so you won't get to see my smiling face and sunny disposition at any of the checks. The good news is I won't be an all-you-can-eat feast for 30,000 or so mosquitos in Roselawn.

Maybe you can convince Jay to show up for a change. :scream:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Maybe you can convince Jay to show up for a change. :scream:

Start holding your breath ;)

Speaking of cry babies.....

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Chances are, it will be cooler for the Summer Bummer than it was for the "Burr".. What was it, 103 degrees for the Brrr?? :confused:

I don't know how bad I want to go ride the whoops again... :silly: I just got my bike out last night for the first time in a couple months, and although it felt great, I'm still a slug..

Since I am now a Moderator on DB.com, I don't have time for silly races....Me Paper, you Jane....

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Roselawn, IN ... Huge city ;) in northwest Indiana... I don't think there's a web site, but the other guys would have a better idea...

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Roselawn, INDIANA. Start is near the intersection of IN-10 and IN-50. Approximately 3 miles west of I-65.

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
Thanks Woodsrider. I am going to this one and my brother, who lives in Delphi, IN, told me that it was in Illinois. Thanks for the clarification.

I have not competed in an enduro yet, but I do have lights and a roll chart holder.Anything else needed for this ride. Thanks

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I understand your confusion

Summer Bummer is a multi-district enduro. The promoting club, Hill & Gully Enduro Riders, is a district 17 (IL) club. This enduro also pays points in district 15 (IN). I'm not sure if they are paying district 14 (MI) points at the Summer Bummer though.

For time keeping, get yourself a cheap digital wristwatch. That and the rollchart is all you really need. The resets are such that only the slowest of riders won't get to rest. Make sure to have a hydration system and practice log crossings and sand whoops. ;)

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
Thanks again. I do have a few more questions though. Sorry. How much is entry?, can I get on the same minute as my 2 buddies?, should I try to get on the same minute as an experienced enduro rider, and will I have the chance to put gas and other stuff at a stop.. I am excited to do this, if you can't tell. I am a midpack b hare scramble rider and have done 3.5 hour gncc's before. I think I can handle the endurance part, but just want to be up on the rules and procedures part. Thanks

Baked

Apr 6, 2000
It will probably be about a $25-30 entry fee. Enduro's and Hare Scrambles are TOTALLY different... Honestly... I think Enduro's are kind of a headache but are very fun (when they're over). The Bummer is the type of enduro that the most important thing is to save "some" energy for the final loop. I've raced the Roselawn Enduro 4 times and every single time I've hit a wall about 4.5 miles from the end... and believe me... it's not a good time to hit a wall in the final section. I run the D17 H.S. series and hit just about every race. It helps to ride, but enduro's don't take everything out of you at once... the Brr for instance, I thought for sure I was in shape enough to hang it out for the whole race... I was so exhausted for the last couple miles that I puked 4 times after the race... got a trophy but not with out some physical (and mental) abuse from myself. It's like the AIDS virus... sucking the life out of you little by little until all of the sudden... without warning... you die!! And when you die... you still have some of the tightest, bumpiest, root/stump infested trail to contend with... and if you make it that last 2 miles.. you're so happy to have finished that you could care less about a trophy... and just laugh at what you just went through... Oh yeah... did anyone mention the whoops!!!! :p

Baked

Apr 6, 2000
no really though... it's 100% rideable... and the club does an EXCELLENT job of layout. If there's one Enduro you do a year, I'd say this is the one. Lots of guys show up. Have you ever seen a "wild" bare in the woods? ;)

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Baked.
I thought you were working out at the gym regularly? You just better hope some old guy on a DR350 dualsport doesnt show up, because if he does you will have to come up with more than exhaustion, and aids,as an excuse.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by kx125racer
Thanks again. I do have a few more questions though. Sorry. How much is entry?, can I get on the same minute as my 2 buddies?, should I try to get on the same minute as an experienced enduro rider, and will I have the chance to put gas and other stuff at a stop.. I am excited to do this, if you can't tell. I am a midpack b hare scramble rider and have done 3.5 hour gncc's before. I think I can handle the endurance part, but just want to be up on the rules and procedures part. Thanks

No problem! Entry fee is $25. You'll need to be an AMA member and a district (15 or 17) member if you are chasing district points. If you sign up at the same time as your buddies you'll get the same minute. Usually the club has a gas available/stop locations at 10, 50 and 80 miles. Bring two cans. Sign up for the 200 B-class. Use a watch and roll chart and don't speed on the roads.

jdiaz

Oct 30, 2000
Are a headlight and license plate recommended like they were for the spring run?

Don't worry about conserving energy for the final loop. Seeing an old guy wandering buck naked thru the woods will make you twist the throttle harder than you can possibly imagine.

Jon
'01 BMW K1200LT
'00 DRZ400E
'88 BMW K75
'86 BMW R65

P. Pinestraw

Jun 28, 2001
COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!

Too bad your event is on the same weekend as our Breezy Hills Enduro on 8-12-01. You could come on down and run with us in the Kistachie National Forest in mid-August. It will also be root- & sand whoop-infested & guess what? -- IT WILL PROBABLY BE ABOUT 100 DEGREES WITH 90% HUMIDITY!

P. Pinestraw

Jun 28, 2001
I forgot to mention ...

that the Breezy Hills event is located at Dry Prong, Louisiana! Are we crazy or what!?!? I can't wait -- bring on the steam, sand, whoops, & trees!!!!!!!

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
jdiaz - Lights are always required at Roselawn. The old naked guy is nothing. I've witnessed more than my share of nudies doing some freaky stuff there. You won't get that kind of entertainment at Breezy Hills. :scream:

P. Pinestraw

Jun 28, 2001
I don't know about that ...

last summer there were 14 reported Bigfoot (Sasquatch) sightings in that 50-mile radius & at the riders' meeting some remote race-camper swore he heard it bugle out the previous nite on the fringes of the campsite. Although I suppose a naked old man would be scarier than that -- unless you actually LIKE that sort of thing.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Pinestraw - That ain't no sasquatch around Breezy Hills. It's just ol' Boudreaux Thibideaux still trying to find his way home after Mardi Gras. ;)

P. Pinestraw

Jun 28, 2001
Well ...

what actually happened is that in February, Boudreaux gave a lost, drunk Mardis Gras tourist from Indiana a ride north & dropped him off near Alexandria where he saw the Bigfoot, lost his sanity, & can now be found wandering the woods naked, crazy, and still hung over near Roselawn.

Top Bottom