Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
I want to set up some tennative dates to ride at Stonyford and/or other No. Cal spots this summer with some of the DRN'rs. My goal is to get in some solid riding time before the fall races start, both for training and fun. If anyone is interested, I would like to do at least one ride a month from late June through early September. My only times unavailable is the July 4th week, and August 29 to 30.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Jim,
Thumb healed already? Have dust masks, space blanket and matches will travel. I'll even get one of those walkie talkies. Maybe a gps wouldn't hurt. :o

Will that Ret.Senior guy be showing up?

What level of rider are you targeting?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
BB,
Since the wifey is LA for a contract job until Sept/Oct a lot of my weekends will be free. She comes home every 2-3 weekends.

Middle Creek isn't bad with a small group (and it's only a day trip for me:) ) I could be persuaded to hit Stonyford and other areas as well though.

Brian

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
John...yes I'll be riding a lot this summer with the Bigbird but he is an animal and needs more rides than I can handle. Plus I don't always have the days off he is available to ride. Bigbird and I mostly ride during the week when nobody's out and we have the trails to ourselves. Well it's 5am and I'm off to Georgetown to ride. My fun!!!

George

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was away this weekend. How about we set up an e-mail group to set up some dates? My e-mail is jcpeacock@jps.net .

George, now that you have a svelt, slimmer, sleeker torso, I doubt I can keep your rear fender in sight.

I think this group would be a good riding cadre.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
What's this George is watching calorie intake. Good thing that George has his last name written on the back of his helmet. Otherwise we could be confused with telling George and Mick apart. Good for you George. :thumb:

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Looks like we have a pretty good group. Those who haven't, please e-mail me your e-mail address. I will set up a group, send out a calendar for the next four months, and we can pick out some dates to ride.

Let's see, I have e-mail addresses for Kraig, George, and John. I need e-mails for Dennis, Brian and D36-108A (sorry, I know we rode together once, but that's not enough for my feeble mind to retain a name).

BTW, Jonala I think you know the riding capabilities of each who has responded. My feeling is there's enough range of riding ability to provide a challenge to everyone without intimidating anyone. Fun riding is what I'm looking for as well as some time to practice with people who are looking for the same.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Erik, thanks. I just got your e-mail address.

Kraig, I went to the doctor Friday. It looks like I will be able to ride pretty soon. Maybe three weeks. The break is in the joint, and according to the Dr., excercising the joint is the best therapy after it has set up. There is no leverage stress to worry about. Lucky me.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Erik, that weekend looks good for me right now. I'm waiting on responses from the others. Did you get my e-mail with the calendar?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by RetSenior
Brian that's because he didn't send it to you. What you going to sweep for us guys.

Somebody has to wake you up from your naps. I'll make sure to slow down enough to let you grab 40 winks.

Brian

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Brian, I resent the calendar to you. You know, now that George is a few pounds lighter, he is going to be bouncing off that 520. No weight to hold him on. Also, don't forget his Wilseyville submarine races. :eek:

George, I thought you were the one trolling in the women's forums. ;)

Last edited:

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hey Brian do you really know how lazy George is?
He has a girl who cooks him a weeks worth of food, I bring his bike home with and wash it, and my does washes his riding clothes.
She goes "what is that oder I smell" I say it's Georges gear bag, gear hasn't been cleaned since the last time you she did them!

Look forward to riding with you guys.

See ya all soon.

Kraig

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
George,
I'm leaving tomorrow around noon. I have to take care of job hunting stuff in the morning since I'm already taking the day off from my temp job. Figured I could pass up riding Friday afternoon instead of having to reduce the hours next week.

Gotta check the forecast and finish packing.....

Brian

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Well Guy's the 22nd of June is good for me, can't make the 21st as I get to Move my Sister N Law again! Moving from Lincoln to Roseville, but will come up Saturday Night for a Sunday Ride.

Kraig

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Hey guys. How would y'all feel about a Southerner coming up to join in the fray on one of those rides? I need some saddle time in the woods. And it's getting pretty hot down here in the desert.:flame: Plus, I'd like to see Middle Creek when it's not under water.:laugh:

Top Bottom