YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
Well, Im iced up right now.(just taking a quick break) LoL, went riding in the woods yesterday and lets just say that i really need to put a weight on the flywheel on my yz. I took a hard fall on the ol' shoulder last night, got home and went to the ER (figured id go this time). I hate hospitals. Oh well, good news nothings broken.... mobility is seems to be good. I look like a hunch back though. Im self employed so no rest for the wicked! :bang:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Do you have a hard plastic outer chest protector? I have found them invaluable in the low speed, land on your shoulder type crashes.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I rebroke my femure on sunday. I'm going to the hospital today to see what they're going to do with it. I have already had 4 pins in my leg and I don't want more :(

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Today the doc said I tore some ALC ligament or something. I had this big ball of fluid on the side of my leg and he numbed it and then god this huge needle and took all the fluid out. There was blood in the fluid so that means I tore it :(

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
So, did you break the femur again or was it "just" ligament damage.

(I say "just" because that type of damage seems to take longer to heal than bones)

cavy986

Apr 1, 2005
Hi my throttle stuck wide open in a nasty section of trail 2 weeks ago,I had to be lifeflighted to a trauma center.I lost a kidney,broke numerous ribs and broke my shoulder blade,both lungs collaspse and lacerated my liver.Needless to say I thank God I survived and unfortunately my riding days are over.I wish you well in your recovery and best wishes.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Well they thought I broke my femur but then I went to a different doctor and they took out some fluid and there was blood in it and he said I tore a ligament and Im getting an MRI soon.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
cavy986 said:
Hi my throttle stuck wide open in a nasty section of trail 2 weeks ago,I had to be lifeflighted to a trauma center.I lost a kidney,broke numerous ribs and broke my shoulder blade,both lungs collaspse and lacerated my liver.Needless to say I thank God I survived and unfortunately my riding days are over.I wish you well in your recovery and best wishes.
Oh man! I did hear years ago that two kidneys is way more than a person needs. Apparently one kidney is more than enough for normal function.

How long did they keep you in the hospital?

I'm glad it didn't turn out any worse, but man...that sounds bad enough!

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Now I'm very confused because I had the MRI like 20 min ago and the MRI guy says that the ACL is in good condition. The doc wasn't sure I tore it but when he drained the fluid he said if there's blood in it that means I broke it but the MRI says I idn't tear it :whoa:

Top Bottom