YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Sunday the 21st.....Boon Run.

When - Sunday the 21st (yea I know I screwed the post title up)

Place - 7mile staging area

Time - 9am

The ride - start at 7 mile staging area and ride the south 1/2 of Lincoln Hills up to Lincoln Bridge. Then hop on the MCCCT trail north to Boon for gas and munchies. Then depending on how many riders we have left ie ran out of gas, broke down, bailed out, got lost.....we will either head back via the trail or hit some sled trails back to the veichles. Total mileage including riding in circles trying to figure out where we are at is usualy around 80-85 miles give or take. Should be fun

So far there are about 6 peeps confirmed.

Platted bike recomended but not necessarly needed "wink wink" Gas mileage should be at least 40-50 miles to a tank.

This depends on the weather of course. I aint riding in the cold and the rain. Thats just one strike too many. Ill ride in the cold, Ill ride in the rain, But not at the same time....Brrrrr.

P1010207.jpg

==> linky <==

Last edited:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
I doubt very much that you'll see the 'sled' tracks in the parking lot this time, but heck this is michigan we're talking about.
If you do see sled tracks, our group is in real trouble as we'll be riding in the U.P. at the same time as your ride.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea that was end of January when we were up there that time. I can pretty much guarentee that we were the 1st bikes up ther this year...lol

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Sure is tempting, even have a good weather forecast for Sunday. Only thing standing in my way is the 12th annual Haloween dress up party the night before. :laugh: No sleep and all of those shrimp, tenderloin, etc. may make me a bit sluggish. May just throw the chest protector, boots and helmet on and ride in Drag. :yikes:

Last edited:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
TCTrailrider said:
Sure is tempting, even have a good weather forecast for Sunday. Only thing standing in my way is the 12th annual Haloween dress up party the night before. :laugh: No sleep and all of those shrimp, tenderloin, etc. may make me a bit sluggish. May just throw the chest protector, boots and helmet on and ride in Drag. :yikes:

I always thought there was something funny about you. :rotfl:

bje

May 22, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm new to Michigan (having moved from Ontario in June) and would love to get out and join in on a local ride. I'm definitely suffering from bike withdrawal and am hoping to be able to get a pass from the wife and kids this weekend to sample some fine MI dirt.

Most of my riding back in Ontario was singletrack and northern ontario rocks, roots, mud and more rocks - in other words - enduro type stuff. A typical day out for us would be about 75-120 miles.

I run with a Clarke tank so range won't be a problem. My bike is also MI street plated.

Let me know if you're OK with a tag along?
Thanks,
Barry

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
bje said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to Michigan (having moved from Ontario in June) and would love to get out and join in on a local ride. I'm definitely suffering from bike withdrawal and am hoping to be able to get a pass from the wife and kids this weekend to sample some fine MI dirt.

Most of my riding back in Ontario was singletrack and northern ontario rocks, roots, mud and more rocks - in other words - enduro type stuff. A typical day out for us would be about 75-120 miles.

I run with a Clarke tank so range won't be a problem. My bike is also MI street plated.

Let me know if you're OK with a tag along?
Thanks,
Barry

Barry you will have a riot!!! Don,,, you be nice and call me if you need me to run a batch of burnt squirrel up - got some left overs around here somewhere.. ;)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsy said:
Barry you will have a riot!!! Don,,, you be nice and call me if you need me to run a batch of burnt squirrel up - got some left overs around here somewhere.. ;)

Im always nice :laugh:

Barry you are more than welcome to join our little group. If you need more info on the meeting place just let me know. I can probably link a map on here or something.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Im always nice :laugh:

Barry you are more than welcome to join our little group. If you need more info on the meeting place just let me know. I can probably link a map on here or something.

true.... in a sick and twisted sorta way. :coocoo:

bje

May 22, 2006
Sounds like my "new riding buds" will be a lot like my old ones from the the great white north!

I'm looking forward to it and am about 90% certain I'll be able to make it.

Thanks for the post on directions, YZMan400. I've joined the ccc and got the map. I'm assuming it's the lot at 7 mile and M-37 on pg 24 of the mapbook?

Hey Wolf Child...It look like the closest town is "Wolf" Lake...You don't "own the town" and the only local gas stop, do you?????? :cool:

What's you best guess in travel time from close to the Silver Dome to there (about 2.5 to 3 hrs?)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
bje said:
Sounds like my "new riding buds" will be a lot like my old ones from the the great white north!

Thanks for the post on directions, YZMan400. I've joined the ccc and got the map. I'm assuming it's the lot at 7 mile and M-37 on pg 24 of the mapbook?

Hey Wolf Child...It look like the closest town is "Wolf" Lake...You don't "own the town" and the only local gas stop, do you?????? :cool:

What's you best guess in travel time from close to the Silver Dome to there (about 2.5 to 3 hrs?)

Yep thats the 7 mile and M-37. You got it.

As for drive time..I have no ideal. BUT SNDMN may be coming and he lives near New Brighton. Maybe the 2 of you can carpool. If your interested I can get ya in touch with him.

bje

May 22, 2006
YZMAN400 said:
As for drive time..I have no ideal. BUT SNDMN may be coming and he lives near New Brighton. Maybe the 2 of you can carpool. If your interested I can get ya in touch with him.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked on the map as I didn't know where New Brighton was (still learing my Michigan geography!!!). I'd bet SNDMN will probably head there using different route (I-96 vs I-75). If he does travel via I-75, I'm certainly cool with carpooling.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it.....(and will be sure to take a second look at any "beef jerky style trail snacks" you guys are munching on) UMMMM....Burnt Squirrel!!!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
bje said:
Either way, I'm looking forward to it.....(and will be sure to take a second look at any "beef jerky style trail snacks" you guys are munching on) UMMMM....Burnt Squirrel!!!

Yea the burnt squirl is a loong story. Ill have to show you my Woodsy burnt quirly survival kit in my trailer on Sunday.

Ill e-mail Sndmn and see what his plans are. He posts here so he'll let ya know here probably if he wants to carpool.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bje said:

:rotfl: "It's MY island!!"

I kidd...

as for drive time.... you are looking at 2-2.5 hrs to get to Grand rapids. Then another 1.5 hrs to get to baldwin.

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
I would really like to do this ride(I wanted to do the Big O ride with Rudy). However I seem to have a ride with my 13y.o. son and his 15y.o. buddy scheduled the same day. So I'm looking for some ideas on how to ditch these guys :think: ?

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
YZMAN400 said:
Yep thats the 7 mile and M-37. You got it.

This one is still up in the air. I'm headed to the U.P. next week for some R&R. Bowhunting along with Bass Lke and Porterfield are on my list. Its going to depend on my work schedule. I do need to run by the property and pick up my tree stand. When riding that area I usually stay the night before at our property off of 115.

From the dome, Umm Mile wise its probobly around 200. Figure a solid 3 hours.

If this does'nt work out I think I'l hit Portland for some MX riding.

Oh its Brighton not New Brighton. Brighton is 96 and 23 area.

bje I'l keep you posted.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Z-8 said:
I would really like to do this ride(I wanted to do the Big O ride with Rudy). However I seem to have a ride with my 13y.o. son and his 15y.o. buddy scheduled the same day. So I'm looking for some ideas on how to ditch these guys :think: ?

tell 'em get over it and ride with out 'em.

problem solved. :laugh:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
This one is still up in the air. I'm headed to the U.P. next week for some R&R. Bowhunting along with Bass Lke and Porterfield are on my list. Its going to depend on my work schedule. I do need to run by the property and pick up my tree stand. When riding that area I usually stay the night before at our property off of 115.

From the dome, Umm Mile wise its probobly around 200. Figure a solid 3 hours.

If this does'nt work out I think I'l hit Portland for some MX riding.
RICK? I HOPE WE SEE YOU AT PTR, IT'S ONLY 45MIN AWAY FROM HOME :cool:
Oh its Brighton not New Brighton. Brighton is 96 and 23 area.

bje I'l keep you posted.

Top Bottom