Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I was at the local drag strip and decided to pick up a couple of gallons to play with in my bike. All they had was 112 octane, I got it home, mixed it with mx2t ( wich is pretty much clear) and pourded it in. It was green, According to sunoco's website www.racegas.com The supreme unleaded is 112 octane but blue, I also found a MO2X wich is also 112 octane but it is green and appears to be oxygenated. I know what color blue looks like and i know what color green looks like, and I saw green. Unless the oil discolored it. But with MX2t I can't tell wich can is which, the oil adds no color.
Does anyone know how anything about sunoco's fuel? I guess it doesn't really matter much so long as I continue to get the exact same gas each time.

VintageTech

May 16, 2002
Zero,
I buy Sunoco's 100 octane race gas at a local station and it is blue. Not familiar with the other fuels they sell but, unless I've gone colorblind too, it's a deep blue.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Yea this was like an xmas tree green. I am trying to call the drag strip, but no one there seems to have a clue. But it looks like they have the MO2X which is oxygenated. If so, I'll keep buying it, I usualy only burn 2 gallons in a weekend.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I called the drag strip, and the guy I talked to said he was pretty sure it was green also. And the only fuel I can find on sunoco's website that is green is the Mo2x: I love the smell of race gas in the morning.....

Fuel Property Typical Specifications
Specific Gravity .717
Antiknock Index (R+M)/2 112.0
RON, Research Octane
115.0+
MON, Motor Octane 109.0
Reid Vapor Pressure, psi 9.8
Distillation, 0 F
Initial Boiling Point
10% Evaporation
50% Evaporation
90% Evaporation
Final Boiling Point
Leaded
Yes
For Off-road Use Only
Color
Green
Oxygen, Wt.%
2.7%

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I tried Sunoco 116 Supreme and VP C-12. I'd have to say I'd never use the Supreme again. Tho I did like the blue fuel color over C-12s green but the C-12 seems to be better and cost less. I haven't tried other Sunoco fuels since this is the only local sunoco race fuel that is available but when I go to the raceway I'll try the other Sunoco fuels they got.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Well the gas i got was most definately green, and the only green sunoco i could find was what i listed the properties of above.

Top Bottom