Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
I just installed one of those $15 after rebate Bell bicycle speedometer / computers from Walmart. It works great!!! It took some rigging though. The wire was about a foot too short, so I had to splice in a piece. The magnet was made to clip onto the spokes, but to get the magnet close enough to the sensor I clipped it to a piece of coat hanger wire which I wrapped around the spokes right against the hub and epoxied to hold it firmly. The sensor attached easily to the stock odometer housing at the hub. The computer mounts easily to the handlebars. It's probably not as cool looking as the $70 ones, but it works the same.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
You are my kinda Dude! Thanks for the info - now are you going to take the extra $$'s you saved and use it for gas? Thats what I do - MORE TRAIL TIME!
Woodsy

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
Thats why I love DRN, I was just gonna post on this yesterday.....but now that i know itll work im off to the Kmart thats closing to get 30% off of the 15 dollar one they carry.
Tim

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
MPH, Max Speed, Average Speed, Trip Time, Odometer, 12 or 24 hour Clock, 1 or 2 others I can't recall. Pretty much all you would need. And It turns on automatically if you start moving. It shuts off automatically to save the battery if you stop. It's pretty cool. Oh, I forgot, you should put a piece of small diameter hose over the wire to protect it and make it look cool.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You can check out the JustKDX web page for more info on installing cycle computers on your bike. Just click on the link at the bottom of this post, then tech tips and you'll see it in the list.

David

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
CC yes you can enter the wheel diameter. That will give a good base-line and then just ride a specific measured distance(check it with a car or road-side markers) and then fine-tune it. They're very adjustable. I only have one on my bicycle but the article in Just Kdx sounds like the way to go.

Top Bottom