gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
On one hand it's not a bad idea to desensitize ourselves, young and old, to something as simple as a bare breast. Geeze, we all have them. But to have performers, atheletes, and/or other public figures routinely grabbing themselves in vulgar fashion is just plain wrong. I'd whack any of my kids in the head if I saw them do that in public.

Didn't that white guy Michael Jackson start that crotch grabbing anyway? Could this have been the Jackson family's way of thrusting a big middle finger to the USofA on prime time TV?

Do ya think Anita Bryant and Pat Boone will do next years Superbowl half time show?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
gwcrim said:
... Do ya think Anita Bryant and Pat Boone will do next years Superbowl half time show?
Only if they're doing the double-headed beast up on stage... :eek:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I think we should all dig a hole and jump in never to be offended again.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
wibby said:
Not that it matters, but looks like a nipple ring to me! :eek:

Wibby you scoundrel! This was all sort of fun before you pointed that out to me. Now it is ruined! I thought it was a pastie!

I hadn't taken the time to thoroughly inspect the photos, but you are right! :eek:

And not just a simple ring, either, but a demented sort of mechanical device! Help me! I'm blinded!!! :flame:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
it's not about being desensitized or offended by idiotic behavior. We are not in europe and this is not what our values include. To me it is a complete decline in morality. The whole "accept it or your not PC" is a bunch of bunk. I don't want my kids seeing it, period. There is a place for everything.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm against some org. like the FCC deciding what's okay for me to watch or see. I'm a firm believer in the notion that it's the parent's job to determine what their kids see, not the government or other group. The WHOLE problem with the halftime show is that no one had the opportunity to make that decision.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I haven't watched a complete football game in years and haven't seen a SB in so long, I can't remember the last time.

From the snippits I have seen, the halftime show was way out of line.

Nobody has said it yet, but we just gave a bunch of ammo to the "We hate the decadent great satan America, because of their morals (or lack thereof) crowd" around the world.

I'm no prude, but every major civilization that I am aware of from my studies of history has collapsed in it's own decadent morality.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
... We're quickly becoming numb and desensitized to all this, so the media raises the "shock-value" bar. So what's next? < ADMIN: YOU'VE GOT to be KIDDING! >
If I would have told you 10 years ago that one day there'd be a performer baring her breast during the halftime show at the Superbowl, I bet you would of had the same reaction. And if you look at the content on public TV that has become socially acceptable over the years, we're not that far away from my edited comment.

And as far as the FCC, my point was that they *respond* to complaints, they don't initiate investigations without an uproar. If they showed b-gers during half-time, and nobody complained, they wouldn't investigate. And their investigation is based on the premise of "is it obscene?", which is not a cut-and-dry definition, but rather relative to the socially accepted mores of a society for a given time.

It's a slippery slope we're descending down...

Okie said:
I'm against some org. like the FCC deciding what's okay for me to watch or see. I'm a firm believer in the notion that it's the parent's job to determine what their kids see, not the government or other group.
Ironically, my post above was edited by an Admin who felt a word was obscene, yet I doubt there was a single specific complaint about it. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out the irony.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Agreed.... Just pointing out that the FCC, by itself, cannot and does not censor content. Now if only CBS would of had the same standards as DRN...

Last edited:

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
I don't think it's that quick a decline....
1952 - Jerry Lee Lewis maries his 13 yr old <?> cousin, then two consecutive, overlapping mariages.....
Late '50s - Elvis (the pelvis) Presley hits the airwaves.......soon to marry another child....
I dunno. I don't agree with sexual content during a family event, but a semi-bare breast? Tacky, yes. Unethical, yes. It was obviously done as a publicity stunt. So was neckid tight rope walking in the '20s or '30s (from the Waltons ;)).
This isn't a new fad, it's just that we see more than we used to. We are no longer insulated by distance, and our information systems spread the word more efficiently.
What about Marylin Monroe flashing her bottom in the famous picture of her on a grate. It wasn't a bare bottom, but it wasn't a bare boob either.....

YMMV.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Smit-Dog said:
Ironically, my post above was edited by an Admin who felt a word was obscene, yet I doubt there was a single specific complaint about it. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out the irony.

let's face it dude, your are the coconut tree, and Okie the Hurricane !!! :joke:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
BunduBasher said:
let's face it dude, your are the coconut tree, and Okie the Hurricane !!! :joke:
So BB... what you're saying is that Okie is blowing wind, running around in circles, and has a big gaping space of dead air on the inside?

:uh:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Smit-Dog said:
So BB... what you're saying is that Okie is blowing wind, running around in circles, and has a big gaping space of dead air on the inside?

:uh:

Nah ... I'm just saying 'You're Nuts' !! :laugh: :moon:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Neil Wig said:
It wasn't a bare bottom, but it wasn't a bare boob either.....QUOTE]

No, it was something else entirely. :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom