Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
thanks, its been so long since ive seen a race, i dont know when or where they come. do u get all the dates and times from racerx??

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I liked it!

Lori was laughing at me as I was picking out the names I knew from the lineup. Also when they mentioned that Jeff Ward had 125, 250, and 500 titles and I yelled at the TV, "What about all the minicycle titles?"

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Since this Supermoto stuff is new to me, a few questions and observations...

- Why do all the bikes have hand guards mounted? In case they dump the bike on the pavement?

- How do they determine starting position? Qualifying lap times? Without a lot of passing opportunities, it seems like your starting position is key.

- It was great to see a "veteran" rider like Ward compete like he did to take the win. I didn't realize that he was that talented, and beat riders almost half his age.

- I was amazed at how close their bikes and feet got to the yellow tires in the chicane. Seems like most would just lift their foot up slightly to just clear tire as they buzzed by. I'd imagine it'd be quite the pile up if the lead bike clipped a tire or foot.

- High-siding seems to be the quick and easy way to crash!

- I was expecting a more open track and dirt that wasn't so hard packed (at least it appeared that way). I think that with the lack of terrain and limited passing opportunities I'd get a little bored watching it after awhile.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If you saw last year's AMA Superbike race at Road America, you'd understand the need for handguards. At the start, one of the bikes did a huge endo at 90 mph. Apparently the rider misjudged his closing speed, and ran into the back of another bike - front brake lever first. The brake locked, and the guy did a spectacular endo. The accident took out a handful of bikes, but there were no serious injuries.

There were tons of old-school riders in that race. I was surprised to see Jeff "Chicken" Matiasevitch out there without Damon Bradshaw to run over.

maxkiks77

Sep 23, 2002
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
If you saw last year's AMA Superbike race at Road America, you'd

hey did u go to road america or see it on tv. i was there and i saw that endo you were talking about, it looked like it would have hurt, in fact i was so close to the track. i felt real scared cuzzz they were so fast

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Couldn't help myself, had to call and order the digital upgrade to my cable and go pick up the boxes last night so I could watch it! Very cool, too bad I fell asleep by the end of the first race :()

Top Bottom