Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
STM Email Info Update

This has changed!

The previous email program failed too often. I have installed a new, much better email interface for DRN Mail.

You will have to set-up a new account in this program! Even if you already have a dirtrider.net email in the old system!

You'll find this new version MUCH better than the last. Setting-up a new account is a no-brianer.

See the "email - log-in" link at the top of the forums.
( http://dirtrider.net/drnmail

Enjoy.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Query: Does this mean that our old DRN addys will no longer work, or does it only affect those who do it "web-based"?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Good to go now boss! At first I was "Oh Great here we go again...." But the Tab takes me right to the new page and the PW you sent me works, so I am good to go!

This won't affect my auto sign in as DRN is my home page will it?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I must be the no brainer you talked about. :)

Perhaps I forget what my account name is.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
I must be the no brainer you talked about. :)

Perhaps I forget what my account name is.

Me too.  I tried firecracker, firecracker22, and firecracker@dirtrider.net, nothing worked.  What's up?

LOL--I just read the OTHER thread "help test a new feature."  Duh . . .

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
^^^^^^^^Foller dem instuckshuns^^^^^^^^^^
ittl werk. concuun that Y cormazone.

:thumb:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
question..
can we still use pop mail progs to check mail? (Outlook) and still use DRN as our outgoing mail server?

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
AAAHHH, that's what I need a no brainer..think:
Thank's Okie for all us webmaster spodes.. :yeehaw:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
DRN should not be specified as your outgoing mail server...we should be using our own ISP's.
Hmmm. The only way I can respond from work and have my DRN email to display as the sender is to use the DRN as the mail server. At home I use my ISP but there are too many restrictions at work.

Is that a problem?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
DRN should not be specified as your outgoing mail server...we should be using our own ISP's.

Don't know about local ISPs or AOL, but MSN no longer allows this option.  I now have two accounts set up on this computer, as a result.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
just seemed like a more convenient option for me to use DRN as my outgoing server, didn't know that it was causing a rift in the space time continuom ;)
I complain to my ISP daily, it's horrible service but what can you do when you're stuck in tha hills :ugg:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Question Okiewan,
I tried sending a test email to the drnmail account, I signed up for and can log into it from http://dirtrider.net/drnmail but the message I sent to the email addy smb@dirtrider.net did not show up? Any help would be appreciated.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
How does one go about sending an attachment with an e-mail from the new program?

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Okie, I never signed up for the previous version of DRN E-mail, but I think I signed up with the new account yesterday. I filled out all the info and hit submit, is there anything else I need to do now? Will I recieve my new E-mail address(for DRN) at my current address? When I click on the E-mail link at the top of the forums, I get the 404 error. Thanks for helping a computer spode :confused: :confused:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Okie, are you going to can the old DRN mail program(Neomail)?  I'm registered in both DRN mail programs, but when I send an email to cal@dirtrider.net it shows up in the old DRN mail inbox(Neomail), but doesn't go to the new.  I can send mail from the new prog. just fine.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Okie, I set up a new account, yet I can't seem to access either?

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Okie, this is what I get when I try to log on :(

We're sorry, your account is currently disabled so you are unable to use this service. If you have just registered and the operators of DRN Mail require user validation, your account will not be functional until they activate it. You will be notified by email () when your account is activated

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
It's working :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Any news? I still don't get any mail, not even updates to subscribed threads. I can access the account, it just doesn't receive anything.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by firecracker22
I can access the account, it just doesn't receive anything.

I have the same problem, I can send mail, but receive nothing. 

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I signed up again, and I'm still getting this message....

"We're sorry, your account is currently disabled so you are unable to use this service. If you have just registered and the operators of DRN WebMail require user validation, your account will not be functional until they activate it. You will be notified by email (qoolboy@ix.netcom.com) when your account is activated."

Top Bottom