HartlandMI

Nov 13, 2008
I bottom out my suspension on my RM125 a lot. There are tire marks on the inside of both fenders.
I'm 160lbs. C class rider at best, new to MX tracks. Sag is set correctly. I bleed them regularly. I've always stuck to trails until just recently.
On the track I over shoot and under shoot jumps pretty regularly. For example, when I land with the front tire too low and the front end bottoms out, my shoulders get hammered and my face or chest bounces off the handlebars. Can I adjust something (other than my skill level) that might help? I already know that the best thing I can do is start landing both wheels at the same time.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
HartlandMI said:
I bottom out my suspension on my RM125 a lot. There are tire marks on the inside of both fenders.
I'm 160lbs. C class rider at best, new to MX tracks. Sag is set correctly. I bleed them regularly. I've always stuck to trails until just recently.
On the track I over shoot and under shoot jumps pretty regularly. For example, when I land with the front tire too low and the front end bottoms out, my shoulders get hammered and my face or chest bounces off the handlebars. Can I adjust something (other than my skill level) that might help? I already know that the best thing I can do is start landing both wheels at the same time.

Sounds like you need stiffer springs to me.

Maybe the springs in your forks are either worn out or are for a much lighter rider.

Check mx-tech.com for the proper spring rates for your weight.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Setting the sag is part of the job. You need to check the static sag to confirm the proper spring rate. Bleed the air out of the forks with the wheel off the ground. An 01, has the suspension ever been serviced? Everything wears out, except the springs. I have never heard of a spring wearing out on a dirtbike. You measure the free length of the spring to confirm that. But all the rest of the parts do! Put all the adjusters to the stock settings, and adjust to your liking. There is no suspension adjustment for hard landings, well, except learning to land smoother. Properly set, it should bottom on the roughest part of the track.

Top Bottom