Suspension clickers settings for 03 CR250R

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Does anyone have a good initial idea for clickers' (compression and rebound) settings on my 03 CR250R's fork and shock? I'm bringing the bike to a local MX track, with not a lot of high jumps, but some braking and acceleration bumps, and would thank any inital range to start playing with...

Another question: does this bike has a low-speed (or high-speed?) adjuster (clicker) on the fork or the shock, other than the regular stuff? I read something about it on an old Dirt Rider magazine, but I can only find the regular adjusters (screws) on top (comp) and bottom (reb) of both the fork and shock, plus the air bleeders on top of the fork... Where I would find these additional ones, if they really exists?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
forks top is compression stock= 14 out from full in
forks bottom is rebound stock= 15 out from full in

shock bottom is rebound stock= 4 - 7 out from full in
shock top red hex is high speed compression = 1+11/12 to 2+5/12 turns out..........12ths :think:
the screw inside the red hex is slow compression= 8clicks out from full in

shock is only thing with high and low speed i m pretty sure

heres a good link >>>>http://www.tootechracing.com/Twin Chamber Setup 8-25-03.doc

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Ellandoh, you're the man!

But how this hex nut works? I would never realize that this is an adjustment... Should I turn it with my hand or use a wrench? Clockwise or countercw?

Another help: hi-speed is when you hit a jump or bump, right? Then low-speed would be like when I am accelerating? Would be right to guess that low speed is not that important to mess with, then?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Gosh, I'm printing down all of these "how-to"s...

Hopefullly I'll be able to set my CR now... Thanks again, Ellandoh...

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
:cool: :) mx tech is one of drn sponsors and frequents the forum

Top Bottom