Suspension clickers turn way too much ?

DomasMX

Apr 16, 2009
Hi guys,

I recently bought a new for me bike Honda Cr 125 2002. Today I wanted to adjust all the suspension clickers back to the default settings. However, I was very surprised when fork rebound and compression clickers had much more clicks then it should have. For example, one fork had 28 rebound clicks (20 is max according to manual) and the other fork 25 (20 should be max), compression clickers of both forks also had almost ten more clicks then it should have.

Rear shock rebound clicker turned 40 clicks instead of 30.

I did not use excessive force, clickers turn nicely. I am also sure that the forks and shock is not from some other model.

How could that happen and is it possible to fix it? I can't adjust my forks equally when they have different number of clickers..

It would be nice to hear your opinions.

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
DomasMX said:
Hi guys,

I For example, one fork had 28 rebound clicks (20 is max according to manual) and the other fork 25 (20 should be max), compression clickers of both forks also had almost ten more clicks then it should have.

rebound could be caused by tighten the locknut before the rebound clicker unit sits on the cart rod. then there is a gap which allows the clicker to beeing turned in more.

due to machining tolerances a few more or less clicks could be possible, but 10 more on compression sounds a bit too much.

basically you should close the clickers clockwise all the way, then the bypass is fully closed - then turn it the same amount (left and right leg) of clickers counterclockwise. then there should be the same damping on both fork legs.

I would recommend to let a suspension expert have a look on it....

Top Bottom