atcomx98

Jan 21, 2007
Hey guys i was just asking about what suspension does for your motocross bike. I told my dad i need a revalve because i have a crf250r and i am only 122 pounds. My bike is harsh everywhere and always loses traction in turns making me slide out and fall. My dad not knowing much about suspension bet me 20$ that suspension is only for jumping. I think otherwise. SO can somebody please tell me that it is for handling of the bike in turns and that if to stiff for a rider you will loose traction in a turn and fall. Thanks :cool:

JayC

Dec 18, 2006
atcomx98 said:
Hey guys i was just asking about what suspension does for your motocross bike. I told my dad i need a revalve because i have a crf250r and i am only 122 pounds. My bike is harsh everywhere and always loses traction in turns making me slide out and fall. My dad not knowing much about suspension bet me 20$ that suspension is only for jumping. I think otherwise. SO can somebody please tell me that it is for handling of the bike in turns and that if to stiff for a rider you will loose traction in a turn and fall. Thanks :cool:

You dad owes you $20. Also, you need lighter springs more than you need a revalve, although you probably need one of those too.

Jay

occupant

Aug 14, 2006
Your weight is a little on the light side. Yes, you should have a new $20. If the rear slides out in turns a cheap way out is a little change in riding style. Such as, not sitting as far forward in a turn, 1 inch can make a big difference, also fork height can make the difference. There are lots of variables here.

FloGreen245

Jul 25, 2006
what you could do is just back your clickers out almost all the way. Thatll work, if you aren't gonna race it. If you are going to, you should go with a different spring rate in your forks and shock. A revalve isn't necessary. Just play with the clickers for now, and look around on the internet for suggestions. btw, turning the clickers clockwise will make it stiffer, counterclckwse softer. When youre adjusting the clickers, turn them all the way in before trying a new setting for the first time. Look in your manual for help. Your dad is dumb for telling you that suspension is only for jumping. But no, it won't really MAKE you fall in a turn. Thats on you.

Top Bottom