Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
My brother in law just got a TTR 250 and we need some help with the suspension. He is 6'1" and 205 lbs. He will use the bike mostly for trail riding, but soome fun on tracks too . . . the suspension is way to soft . . . what are you guys running for fork springs, also what oil weight and levels. Any advice for the rear end. Is there much adjustabillity for the rear shock? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Strach

Nov 22, 2000
Hi Vegas
Try stiffer springs like 0.44kg/mm if you're going to race. Stock are 0.41 The rear shock is adjustable preload, 10 clicks of compression adjustment and 16 clicks rebound. Standard settings are 11 clicks in compression and 8 clicks out rebound. I'm 5'10" 190lbs and I mostly ride fast trails with some sand. I have 4 extra psi in the forks and 10 clicks out compression. The rear shock is @ 9 clicks in compression and 6 clicks out rebound. I may go a little stiffer yet but it seems to work ok for the riding I do.
Strach

Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
Thanks Stratch . . . That will give us a good starting point for this weekend. Anyone else with any opinions? By the way; what is the stock air pressure in the forks supposed to be??? He checked them and told me there was no pressure in them at all - it came from the dealer like this so we have no idea what they are supposed to be for a starting point.

Thanks in advance for your help on this

Bill

Strach

Nov 22, 2000
Hi Bill
There in 0 psi from the factory, maximum is 5.7 psi. Its supposed to increase the total spring rate (as per the manual). I think it helped the bike 'stand up' a little better in the corners and in the sand.IMO
Craig

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Strach, when putting in the air, did you just fill up the aircompressor to 4.7 psi and then put it into the tanks? Also, will the tanks bleed at all? I mean, will it loose its air?

Strach

Nov 22, 2000
MRK
I just used an air pump and checked and adjusted with a low pressure gauge. I haven't noticed any loss of air so far
Strach

Top Bottom