Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
I am going to have my suspension revalved for Enduros and was wondering who, if any do a good job in the Dallas area. I have heard mixed reviews about LCS so don't know if I want to go there or not.

Keith

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Scotty Hanes did a great job with mine and my dad's suspension. He's really more of a MX guy, but we race cross country and enduro and he did an excellent job with our YZ's. You might also check out Marshall's Racing in Oklahoma. I've heard they do incredible stuff up there. I have heard more horror stories about LCS than success stories, I'd probably shy away from that place.

Scotty Hanes - Performance Factory - www.performancefactorymx.com
Marshall's Racing - www.marshallsracing.com (I believe)

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
I had MX-Tech revalve my '99 YZ400F and they did a great job. I decided this time around to try someone local and went with Pro-Action in Arlington, did a good job also. Send me a PM if you need any additional info or a phone # and name.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Originally posted by DPW
I had MX-Tech revalve my '99 YZ400F and they did a great job. I decided this time around to try someone local and went with Pro-Action in Arlington, did a good job also. Send me a PM if you need any additional info or a phone # and name.

Is this the DPW that goes to Nocona and helped me after I broke my back there last year? Hey man! So you are a member of the NTSP, huh?

Anyway, thanks everyone for the info! I am still undecided as to who to send it to. I will check into MX-Tech and also Pro Action. I have talked to a company called Trak Control and they have told me it will be around $400. I have never had my suspension done (rode Trials for a looong time) so I am not sure what is a good deal. Is 400 a good price?

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I know the guy that owns Trak Control also, he's a good guy. He does good work also. Expect to pay anywhere from $400-$550 for front and rear, depending on what you get.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
I was just checking out MX-Tech and noticed that Jeff Howe is there also? He is the guy from Trakcontrol also if it is the same person. Anyone know?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Brian Storrie at SMS Racing in Denton is a Race Tech certified technician, and he's great on woods set-up. Also a very nice guy. He did a great job on my 400SX, and I'm taking my YZ250 to him today.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Scotty Hanes at Performance Factory does awesome stuff. He's a really good guy, and makes sure your happy with the work he does. I've haven't really heard anything good about LCS.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
JMD, I agree with you that Brian is a great guy and a helluva racer. He has to be a good mechanic also, as he has raced in numerous ISDE's; however, I have not had great luck in his shop. When I had my forks revalved by Scotty, he discovered that something was loose in the forks and ruined the internals of one of my forks. I still have the pieces out of the bad fork that show the damage. I don't think Brian did this, but I think probably one of those younger guys he has working in his shop probably did. If you were to be assured that Brian would do the work himself then I wouldn't worry about taking it to SMS, but I just thought I'd tell you what happened to me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom