teton

Dec 13, 2000
It seems that some of the complaints about the KDX's is the suspension, has anyone here swapped any of the components, like going to a after market shock or fork ?

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I just tried KLX forks but went back to the stock KDX fork they seem to work better in the rocks and I never really got confortable with them. (Both fork were modified by MX-TECH)

teton

Dec 13, 2000
I found a 95 200 with a set of KLX upside down forks on it, does this set up take anything away from the ride and or steering ? I noticed your post D.J., I guess you didnt think much of the forks and liked the stockers better.

I may take the bike if he has the original front end, some major modifications scare me a bit unless it is for the better and I havent seen this done on anyother KDX's:think

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I thought the KLX forks worked well in the faster stuff (Something scarce around here) In the rocks the modified KDX forks worked much better. At this point, in my opionion having MX-TECH or another reputable suspension guy modify the stock forks is the best bet.

Last edited:

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Hey Daniel,
Do the two forks use the same wheel and disc brake caliper (stock forks and KLX forks)

Thanks

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Everything is the same. The only changes I had to made was the brake line. You might have to modify the fork stops The KLX has recesses in the tank for the forks. The KLX forks hit the KDX take without modifications (extended the stops). If anyone is interested in the forks please e-mail me.

Top Bottom