Suspension Tuning for 2003 YZ 125

dbhagat

Sep 7, 2003
2003 YZ 125 Suspension setup

I just bought a new 2003 YZ 125. The bike was setup at the dealer and I want to know what changes should I make so that the bike rides better. I am 180-183 lbs without motocross gear so I assume it would be 190 Lbs.
I need to know if I should change the fork /and/or shock springs, the rate, the setting of compression and rebound damping of the forks and shocks as well as the race sag and all that.

Any advice is highly appreciate. As of now the bike in stock setting has some steering head shake and a nasty rebound kick in the back.

thanks

dbhagat

dbhagat

Sep 7, 2003
I weigh 185# and I have a month old 2003 YZ 125. I exprience headshake and rear end kick while riding. Any ideas where I can I find specific setting numbers according to rider weight for a stock bike.

I talked with Tech Care in Michigan and they suggested changing front and rear springs and revalving ( $ 700). I am looking for a less expensive and simpler alternative (tuning the suspension)

Thanks

dbhagat

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the best place to start is buy eric gorrs book, it has all the details on getting the best out of stock components. eg checking sag and adjusting oil levels and which clickers do what. remember or write down where the clickers are and then start making asjustments to see if it gets better or worse, it all about learning!

i am 220lbs without gear and i ride a rm125 with stock springs and just a bit of preload front and rear!

Top Bottom