cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
I'm not sure whether I would get better results in the suspension forum but I've always had great responses from you guys, so here it goes. I have not been able to sell my 250 exc so I am going to just respring the bike. The factory suspension is just waaaay to soft for motocross tracks and too soft in general for my size - 6'2" 230 lbs. Who would you guys recommend for my suspension work? Recommendations from personal experience would be nice. Thanks again for all your help.

PS. I will sell the bike for $3500 or trade for a SX model. I wanna stay with orange if at all possible.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Being DRN biased I would recommend Jeremy. I did not use Jeremy but went with a local shop that the owner is well known in the local racing cross country circuit. I went with Racetech components and couldn't be happier. You're right, the springs are too soft for your weight. Both front and the PDS. There's a thread in here somewhere I made after having my suspension done Oh wait here it is: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17111&highlight=suspension

One of the differences that I didn't mention was that going from cross country to motocross was a matter of a couple clicks here and there. Unlike the original where I'd have to set the clickers to the extreme. I went motoxing a couple of weeks ago, and moved my clickers from the cross country settings and found that it didn't require but a couple of changes here, very small change there.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I used MX-Tech for the work on my shock a few weeks ago. Had them service, revalve, and add the right spring. I'm very happy with the service and the results. They really do know what they are doing with the WP suspension.

Top Bottom