Brute

Dec 22, 2003
I have a 2002 Honda XR200R which I am very pleased with. I'm a casual rider of a local MX track as well as trails and woods, but mostly the track. My problem is, I bottom out on some of the jumps, I'm not interested in another bike, I like this one. I don't compete, and I'm 42. My question is: are there any upgrades or things I can do to my stock suspension, front and rear to help out my problem? I'll do the work myself, I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff, besides I enjoy doing it. I've done what the book says, (increase air to the forks and increase preload to the rear) but it still seems to bottom. Oh, I weigh about 170 lbs. Hope there is some help out there for me! Thanks.

rideright

Sep 26, 2002
John at Moto Pro is great with these bikes and can recommend a good valve option to replace the poor stock valve setup in your forks.

He will help you and you can do all the work. Yes these are great bikes, but the suspension does need a lot of work to get it to work well. If you contact Moto Pro and do just a they say, you will love this bike even more.

your shock will also need to be revalved to get to work well.

Top Bottom