Suthern Spodefest (April 27-29) NEW THREAD

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Ya' know, after riding with Rodent and KDXfile at Kentuck in the mud, I think I'll use my Gomer stick for something else. The ways' I's sees it, it'll fit nicely in the front forks of the Yella' machine and maybe slow down the Orange one too! :p

------------------
93'RM 250

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Yamasaki - don't worry there will be a few riders that want big air. For me, I'll stick with the easy doubles :o

Peahen - no orange bike anymore, after a few rides on my EC, KDXfile became ECfile ;)

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Ya' know Rodent, I was just wonderin', How many girls does it take to push your "steed" to the barn and how many does it take to push your wheelchair to the house?

------------------
93'RM 250

MX Tuner

Jun 2, 1999
Looks like I'm gonna try to make it but I'll have to show up Sunday morning.

Anyone have directions to the track? I've only been there once and that was over a year ago.

------------------
MX Tuner
mxtuner@mindspring.com

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Tuner - Glad your going to make it down. I've cut the directions from the Monster website (see below). You can get a map from their website at www.monstermoutain.com

Peahen - it takes two :cool:

Monster Mountain Motocross Park is located approximately 12 miles from I-85, take Exit 26 (Tallassee Exit)and got north to Ben Atkinson Ford. Across from Ben Atkinson Ford Dealership, turn left and travel app. 3 - 4 miles to stop sign. Turn right and then left and continue north app. 1 mile and the track will be on the right.

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
CNM,
Bring your gear, you can take the YZ out for a bit. I'll probably need the rest! :)

MXTUNER,
Glad that you can make it down.

TS (Ivan), or whatever you call yourself these days! :p
I guess that after lastweekend's ride, you are SKEERED of the Barney bike and have to come up with this "lame" excuse ... just like Gomer! :p :p

Hey everyone, I just found a song on the "net", that is the High Lord Gomer's THEME song! After listening to it ... I have come to the conclusion that Ivan and Gomer are both from ABALAMMALAND and they are really .....

father/son/cousins/SISTERS!!!!!! :p

If you want the URL, just e-mail me.

wrench

------------------

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 04-23-2001).]

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
It has snuck up on me this year. I can't wait to get there. I don't think CNM is gonna have to knock me off of the XR because even if I don't get the yz fixed I will keep Ivan's bike warmed up for him while hes not riding ;)

------------------
97 YZ 80
2001 Sponsor(s):
O'neal/Azonic

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I'm confused, I've always known that Ivan is a true spode, but is he now TrueSpode?

Please clarify your spodely highness!

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Pleaser, thanks for the offer. I know my son will love to go for a ride. :)

Wrench, I may take you up on the offer for a spin on the YZ. Problem is, everytime I ride a two stroke, I think I've got to have one. ;)

------------------
Neelys Photo Page

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
OK, now that I know that it is you, I need to say the following: YOU WILL NOT MISS THE SF!!!!!! Afterall, what's a paycheck compared to a group ride.

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Consider telling them that coach seating is somewhat cramped. First class or nothing!

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode:

Who has a tent I can bunk in?
I'm probably gettin' a room, so you can use mine. I'll even attach a picture of my ex-wife to it to ward off evil spirits. I'll supply the other 'spirits' too. What's your preference..domestic or furrin?

Oh, BTW, you don't have to lie about having a friend. We like you anyway.

------------------

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
Guys, will anyone be there Friday? I'm planning on being there Friday about noon. The track will be open right? Have to leave friday evening so I can work Sat. At least one day is better than none

------------------
"Every man dies- not every man really lives" William Wallce

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Yes, I'll be there around 10am when the track is to open. Don't forget that we are on Central time.

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Is that the earliest that the track will open? I was planning on being there earlier than that. But, if we can't get in before 10:00 then no since going any earlier.

I'll be there all day friday too.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
10 am on Friday. Any earlier and you may have to sit in you SUV and twidle you thumbs.

For those of you arriving late, the gate may be closed but it shouldn't be locked. Open it and come on in. Follow the road up the hill and down the other side.

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
SpokerAce and I should be there around 1:00pm on Friday.

wrench

------------------

KX Crutch

Dec 17, 2000
Lemmming,

I have been a-wol from DRN since Feb work and what not. Foud out from my riding buddy about this weekend about monster mountain and have been pumped up about attending. We will probably be down on Friday, Saturday at the latest and look forward to meeting every one. I will be in a red Ford expedition with a KX 250. Need any help or inf call my cell phone at 256 895 6010. My wife's parents live at lake Martin and we will stay there so hopefully we will be able to stay thru Sunday. P.S. We Alabama folks will have to laugh at the Gerogia boys jelousy over the fact our Football Teams seem to always pound Geogia (Roll Tide).Just kidding guys.

See You There,
KX Crutch

------------------
100% RXgrade
KX 250

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Ivan, you think I can get a ride with you if your "friend" doesn't go? My dad is working mandatory OT and he can't take me. My mom can't take me because she has to work too! I am an all expense paid riding/driving buddy that doesn't complain about too much. Or if Jenny is going and there is no room, I understand. If Ivan can't take me maybe I can hitch a ride with another one of these spodes?

------------------
97 YZ 80
2001 Sponsor(s):
O'neal/Azonic

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Ivan - you better show :mad:

KX - welcome back, look forward to meeting you.

Spodes - the cost is $10/day. If someone tries to make you pay $15, please let them know that you are with the Suthern Spodefest.

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
If you have questions concerning the SF, ask today. I will be leaving for the Monster early Friday morning and will not have access to the internet while there.

Looks like we are going to have great weather :), mid 80's during the day, low 50's at night.

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Ok guys, tell me what to look for when I get there so I can find everyone. Campers, trucks, tents, etc.....

It will keep me from going around asking everyone if they are from DRN or not. Thanks. See everyone Saturday! :) :)

------------------
Neelys Photo Page

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Neely, I'll be driving an '01 white S-10 Ex-cab. Look for a blue and white umbrella too.
I'm sure it will be obvious where we all are-just follow the smell. :D

Anybody have a DRN flag?

[This message has been edited by Julius Pleaser (edited 04-26-2001).]

Top Bottom