Suthern Spodefest Day One Report

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
The First day .. Report

SpokerAce and I arrived at Monster Mountain early afternoon on Friday. There were a few spodes already there. Duron Peacock/Porkchop and his crew (weasel & weasel jr.), Lemming, Timr, Lightening and his better half Michelle to name a few.

The weather was perfect, we suited up and hit the GP track. It is a fast course composed of sand and rocks. It was very difficult to keep the front wheel from washing out in the loose sandy berms. SpokerAce had is new WR 250F, thumping along while Lightening and I had a friendly battle for a few laps. Lemming and Timr emerged from the woods to give us the only bad news for the weekend. They had only been able to find about 4 miles of useable trail. Most of the trails were still suffering standing water and mud from the storms a few weeks ago. The five of us headed into the woods to see what Lemming and Timr had marked. We were exposed to a 3.5 mile track of tight technical single track. The two “boy’s from Bama” shrewdly set the start off the backside of the GP track, so we could use the track or not. It was fun and exhausting, with the loop ending at the campsite. We all took a break and enjoyed some bench racing, and planned the campsite tent arrangements. A few more spodefesters showed up and the Gomer bashing began. During this time we all found out that Steve’s (lightening) wife Michelle was not only a wonderful lady, one of the guy’s as well. We were able to speak freely and cut up around her.

While at camp I did a little jetting on Pea-Hen’s RM. Thunder found out that Lightening had failed to give her a copy of the “dirt biker’s wife” handbook, and we all recited page 14 to her! In fact, Thunder had proven to be the “definition” of the perfect dirt biker’s wife. If a handbook were to be written, it would have to be about her. In my book, she is the perfect woman … got a sister? Everyone geared up once again to ride their preferred “style” the rest of the afternoon.

Just before dark, everyone began to build the “Tent City”. Shin ichi gets the award for the fastest tent builder in the South! I gave him the “special” burger! LOL

We all sat around the campfire and told a few “stories”, while having some “Adult” sodas. Everyone was getting along as if we had known each other for a lifetime. After a couple of hours of fun conversation, it was time to call it a night.

The rest of the report will follow soon ….

wrench
:)

kdxghostrider

Sep 10, 2000
Man, what a time. The MS boys had a big time and would like to thank everyone for getting this ride together. Yes, the bleacher clearing incident happens all to often. We might try to get something up over here in MS. The track seemed to fit everybody that attended the SF. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks again!

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
What an absolutely fantastic weekend, I needed that! Thanks to everyone for making the 'fest such a blast. It was great meeting so many of you. Wrench and Spoker Ace, Lemming, Peacock and Biscuit, Weasel and Mudboy, Biker, KX Crutchfield and Yamasaki, the pilot. CRM and son, Cody, and the MISS boys of CR Seth and all. By the time the Unspoken Alabamans showed I was toast and getting sick, sorry I could not ride with some of you

Man, was I glad to make it through without a real crash. Only a couple of close calls. The more I think about the trail loop, the more I liked it. The run through the sapplings was great.

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
I hope that I didn't forget anyone, but the Sudafed is starting to not have any effect on me. Damn cold!

In case anyone didn't believe my fireside tales of speed, check out some of Lightening's photos. Thats the KDX on the far left, Holding its own against the MX'ers. That is, until the first turn.

Thunder and Lightening, goes together naturally.:) E-mail me if you want the recipe for the Korean Hamburgers, its easy to make.

Julius, thanks for the xr80. A 27 year dream realised. I gottta get one.

Ya know, with enough darkness, and Barley water, you guys are all right!

:p :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Hate that you're feeling less than well, Itchy. I know one thing: the next time you volunteer to cook, I'm gonna have some ground turkey handy. Are you thinking of hitting Aonia this weekend?

Ditto on the darkness and daddy pops.

YamasakiRider

Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by lightning21
ok here are the rest of he pictures. I hope they turned out ok.

Thunder just told me she is going to post a reply, this aught to be good!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1665082&a=12762122

Should be a total of 61 pics in all

Great Pics! I like the ones with the group battling off the starting gate. In one pic, It looks like someone got squirrely right out of the gate on the right side of the pic and almost took out the guy next to him. I can't tell who it is though. :eek:

I am still pumped up about the ride last weekend. I might wander my way back down to Monster Mountain this weekend and try and qualify for Loretta Lynns...hmm....love that track.

Steve :)

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Yama -

I don't remember who got squirrely, but the guy he almost took out was me. That put me into nearly last place going into the first turns. However, I managed to make it to second by the end of the race. With my first place finish in the first race, that gave me the overall:) Man am I glad all the good riders had already left for the day:eek:
View

View

Last edited:

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Better late than never

Southern Spodefest pictures are in ready. Sorry it took so long but I had to use work computer. It's on a T1 so its much faster.:cool:

Last edited:

lightning21

Apr 30, 2001
Hey Guys this is Thunder. Wanted to thank all you fellas for making me feel very comfortable. All you guys are great!! I really had a good time I needed that!!!

Shin Ichi thanks for the great burgers and for the wonderful conversation but not for the sea weed :scream:

Julius Pleasure thanks for the use of your "80" I'm glad it is still in one piece

Lemming - hope ypu didn't eat too many more of those heat and eat burritos- pretty good firestarters though :scream: Next time try not to make the truck shake so much!

Ivan - hope to meet your wife next time she sounds like a lot of fun . Did you find the chair yet??

Spoker Ace - Loved the condo you put up by the way does it have a jacuzzi? Try not to let the little ones escape:p

Wrench - Thanks for the potty you are a true man!!!! Thanks for looking out for me and cooking for me ( a true gentleman);)

Lightning - My beloved thanks for putting up with me especially at night when all is quiet and the air doesn't quite circulate!!

again guys thanks for putting up with me I am ready for another maybe by that time I will have me a bike;) You guys are one in a million!!!!

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
I just noticed that there are over 700 views of this thread!

I guess many more were considering coming out but maybe just a little concerned about that whole Deliverance thing.:eek:
Just so that everyone can relax. I don't think there was a banjo in sight the entire weekend.;)

Next time though, I'll bring a guitar and we can have a roaring fireside version of "Kumbaya"!:confused:

ok, got my smilies quotient in, now i'll stop.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Shin ichi
I just noticed that there are over 700 views of this thread!

I guess many more were considering coming out but maybe just a little concerned about that whole Deliverance thing.:eek:

Next time though, I'll bring a guitar and we can have a roaring fireside version of "Kumbaya"!:confused:

ok, got my smilies quotient in, now i'll stop.

691 of those were me. My mouse got stuck.

Uh, that flick was filmed in Jawja. There's a reason for that.:p

"Kumbaya"? You're a greenie sent to spy on us, aren't you?

Hey Thunder! Thanks for hanging out with us. We really enjoyed your company. It's nice to have a woman around who doesn't act like a girl...
The million $ question is: Do you have a sister who digs oldish guys?

Steve, you ARE one lucky guy!

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
Okay, so I didn't get these done when I said I would! I got lazy last week.

There aren't a lot of pictures here and my photography skills are lacking to say the least. I completely missed half the jumps. I either caught someone at the face of the jump or when they were just taking off. I'll practice some more.

Thunder, I've increased my bean intake and the little ones should be gone. There's a good pic of you getting final instructions from Lightning...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1672811&a=12827047

XRworldwide

Apr 29, 2001
Hey If Any one remembers me I was on the XR100 with the mississippi guy's.I just want to tell all of yall that I had a great time and I didnt want to leave but I had to and I am hoping we can come back next year and mabey even before

biker

Sep 22, 2000
http://www.almotocross.com/index_main.shtml

For all the SSF riders that remember the triple by the bleachers, check the KTM 65 out. I saw a YZ 80 do the 85' triple last winter, but didn't think it was possible for a 65. I guess it's another reminder of how slow I am. Had a great time at the SSF and met a bunch of nice people, just wish I could have stayed longer.

YamasakiRider

Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by biker
http://www.almotocross.com/index_main.shtml

For all the SSF riders that remember the triple by the bleachers, check the KTM 65 out. I saw a YZ 80 do the 85' triple last winter, but didn't think it was possible for a 65. I guess it's another reminder of how slow I am. Had a great time at the SSF and met a bunch of nice people, just wish I could have stayed longer.

I saw that. That little dude has grown some serious nads early in life..:)
I didn't go down there for the LL qualifier, but from the looks of it, they reshaped the face of that jump to make it jumpable. I know I was only getting a few feet vertical when I hit it, but the kid on the KTM looked like he was getting tossed way up there. I would have loved to have seen that in person. Some of those mini riders are brave!

Steve

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Cool! Now we can have a highside race at the next SF. First one to crash loses.:confused:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
"HIGHSIDE" LMAO

It will be hard to beat the "highside" of that guy from BAMA! You know the one ... He rolled in with the "Unclaimed Bama Baggage" crew. :p

wrench

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Wrench, that was Mundy that looped it. I caught the aftermath, but missed the crash. Still pretty funny tho...

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Hey Guys, been hidin' out at work the last couple of weeks. That's why you haven't seen any politically incorrect posts from me. Anyway, just wanted to say that I had a great time hangin' out with you guys for the weekend. Just got my pictures developed this weekend and have a couple of pretty good shots. Two good shots of the boys after the Spodefest MX race, a good shot of the girl doing a heel-clicker over the table top, even a good shot of Mud-Dog hitting the double in front of the bleachers. Now Rodent, how much to keep your butt off the Internet, litterly?:scream:
Porkchop

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Yeah, that guy from 'Bama had a great rollout!

Maybe it was the fermentation, but that guy bailed in slo-mo.
I remember watching him get into the chair, it was hilarious. the actual fall must have taken about4 real seconds.

Classic.

Thunder and Lightening: 'ding' you've got mail.:cool:

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
My butt belongs on the internet:confused: In fact, it may be the break I've been waiting for:scream:

Just ask Okie to delete the file before I receive my Nobel or become ruler of the Universe, whichever comes first;)

Top Bottom