suzuki rm 250 suspension adjustments.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
hi there i am new in the motorcross world and i think i have a good knowledge of engines and stuff, but about suspension i dont know so much... here is my question: what kind of adjustments do i need to do when the bike needs to be stable on muddy and wobly tracks and so on... or even better can someone make me a list of some adjustments on lets say mluddy tracks, tracks with deep dents, tracks with high jumps and so on... i almost dont know what i need to do with it. the only thing i know is how to adjust your tensions and stuff, and how many clicks? does lets say 5 clicks make a big difference? please explain me couse suspension is very important!
thanks in advance!!! :whoa:

front susp: upper screw is for outgoing: when it bounces back
lower screw is for dampening, the shock itself

rear susp: i have only one screw so thats for dampening

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
Look again at the rear shock there are 2 adjustments, top one is compression and the one way at the bottom by the bolt that connects it to the linkage is the rebound.

jprm250

Jul 16, 2006
dude..........you need to read a lot before you mess with your boingers........you could end up in the ER because you adjusted wrong........Eric Gorr and RG3 are all you need. Read erics stuff and call RG3, they are very nice and will help you.........if you are not ideal rider weight (180lbs) then you need to have the springs replaced for you weight and riding ability. This will make a hugh difference in how the bike handles and your confidence. If you don't have the right springs (front (2) and rear (1)) your wasting your time trying to get to the sweet spot.

good luck

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
thats what i mean... my weight is about 75 kg's about 150lbs or so... and i know your suspension is damn important so i am going to ask my friend hes a mx rider with some experiance.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
i just saw my suspension is broken... the gas is out and the oil is out so thats gonna cost me about 50$ so no problem:p

Top Bottom