Jan 26, 2009
Hey so i picked up a Suzuki RM370 of the 1977 for free. It runs

would it be worth to rebuild this type of bike? would parts be avail? is the bike any good?

right now i ride a 1986 CR125R.

2stroker_88

Jan 3, 2009
Go for it.

I'd definately go ahead with the rebuild. The Suzuki RM 370 was one of the best open class bikes of its day. It was labelled an "out of the crate winner" by those who have either raced or rebuilt one.

Great engine, Suzuki claimed 42 horsepower at the time. Smooth power, a sharp steering, accurate chassis, 102 kg / 225lbs, 5-speed transmission.

Only thing to watch for is the six bolts and nyloc nuts used to mount the rear sprocket - the heat generated by the rear hub causes them to slacken off. Retightening them was essential after each race.

The airbox was also hard to access, but considered excellent.

To help in finding parts look here:

www.rms-engnz.netfirms.com (small stuff)

vintage-suzuki.com (plastics + plastic kits)

www.circlefexhaust.com (custom pipes / silencers)

All info taken from issue 23, 2004 VMX Magazine.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I just got my hands on a rolling frame and engine. I did a half arsed look on the internet for oem parts, a lot of new parts are still available, except the rod. The bike in shape is a rocket. Fleabay has bikes in parts everyday.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Ebay has alot of old parts...if you dont find what you need now, log on regularly and you will eventually find the parts you are looking for. There is a cycle salvage here in Dallas, Bates Cycle, that has alot of old stuff. He ships anywhere.

Top Bottom