miekmyk

Oct 18, 2009
I plan on buying a 96 Suzuki RMX 250. I know the seller personally. He's a good guy but i just cant be too sure. He said he will fix the issues with the "Pressure plate", he just needs to take it to a machine shop to fix the problem with it.

He said i cannot destroy this two stroke engine. He will add the piston and clutch kit to the package. Plastics needs detailing but im more concerned with the engine. It's been stuch in his garage for 2 years so he's going to make it run first to show me it will work. I'm just thinking, are the parts for this bike really that hard to find?

he is selling it for P42,000
42 000 Philippine pesos = 894.01200 U.S. dollars

Is it true you can just get any defective/broken part of the machine and take it to the machine shop and they can copy it to replace the original part?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
miekmyk said:
Is it true you can just get any defective/broken part of the machine and take it to the machine shop and they can copy it to replace the original part?
no, will be cheaper to buy a OEM item... lot cheaper...

if the problem is on the pressure plate (it´s a cluth item...) and he will be adding a clutch kit the machine shop may just be to install it, since some parts off a clucth assembly require to be pressed on a press. not really to machine a new one...

a link for some added info: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=172552&highlight=press+clutch

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
What in the clutch needs to be pressed??? I have yet to see a wet clutch that needs any part or piece pressed in.

On another note, RMX 250 is one of the bikes I would really like to find. Really great trail bikes, and that is indeed a good price if the bike is in the condition you are led to believe.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
julien_d said:
What in the clutch needs to be pressed??? I have yet to see a wet clutch that needs any part or piece pressed in.
the stock outer basket. or pressed out for a aftermarket with screws.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
oh right. pressed off the gear I guess? I havn't seen it done that way. I'd just drill out the rivets and bolt the new basket on the gear with the supplied bolts. I reckon you may be right though...

miekmyk

Oct 18, 2009
julien_d said:

On another note, RMX 250 is one of the bikes I would really like to find. Really great trail bikes, and that is indeed a good price if the bike is in the condition you are led to believe.

I heard it is pretty powerful as a trail bike which what i really need since im not gonna try MX since it's really expensive. I dont have the money to replace all the parts im gonna be easily breaking in an MX bike

the bike has not been used for two years and the plastics are faded because of sunlight, rain etc. He has started rebuilding the engine. I'll keep you guys posted. I'll add some pictures too.

Anyone here owns one? I wanna know how many kilometers can it run per liter of gas.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom