labby9

Sep 25, 2001
My son and I are looking for a good enduro to ride in January. Since we live in Ohio I am trying to keep the distance to 1 day of driving. So......... I'm thinking we would try the Swamp Fox in S.C. Any SETRA members out there who could give me some advice about the trails, etc.

I'm open to other area's that might be having enduro's around the same time frame (January). Gotta beat the Winter blues by riding somewhere.

Thanks,
Wayne

steve lafon

Aug 30, 2000
lots and lots of whoops and usually warm to hot weather. Some water but mostly just more sand whoops over and over.gets a little boreing for what most guys up north( above GA. AL. SC,) are used to .

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
sand?? whoops?? where are they???

Just kidding!! Its a good ride, and there are whoops and it is mostly sandy.
Most Setra races arent too picky about tags, just use your head on roads, I cant remember there ever being a problem with tags at the Swamp Fox. The Dual Sport requires tags, license and insurance.

Setra now requires AMA membership, bring your card. If you havent signed up for AMA, wait and sign up on site. The actual card, or a receipt from on site AMA sign-up is required. Just knowing your number wont cut it. Juniors are not required to be Setra members unless they plan on running the setra series. AMA membership is required for ALL participants.

Mileage is about 65 for the enduro, 17 for the junior, 5 for the 0-8yr olds.

Robert
Secretary, Family Riders

Rut Rider

Sep 12, 2001
I rode the Swamp Fox a couple of years ago on a '99 KDX 200. My lower back killed me for a week after that (sure wich I would have had my KTM then). I am used to riding in the mountains of NC and did not know what sand whoops were really. I thought they were awesome for the firts couple of sections trying to double them and banging the sand berms. After an hour or so they can really take a toll on you. Be prepared to stand up a lot. Also...watch out on the first section, I sunk my KDX in a huge rut on the power line section after missing a turn. There were the deepest ruts I have ever seen made by big four wheel drive trucks "muddogging" out there. There must have been 10 or 15 other guys stuck also with me. I fouled a plug and filled my boots up with mud and water. Had to get a course worker to help me get the bike out the mud which had the suction affect going on. I was so tired he had to crank it for me. I lost a alot of time there. I didn't get back on my minute until the first gas stop. Just make sure you have some type of lights, tag, and a spark arrestor. All in all I had a blast down there, I wish I was going this year. I may break down and go. Good luck and have fun!

Top Bottom