Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So there we were, lining up the kids for their motos... waiting on a couple to get to the line. We hear someone coming, think it's our missing rider, but no!

It's the SwampRat!

Crests the hill, massive stoppie all the way into the water, over the bars, head first. All I heard was the splash, but many saw the entire thing... here's what I was able to capture of our superhero in action... word has it he spotted the ever elusive but dangerous Oklahoma Water Bug and was just trying to protect the kids, by distracting the beast.

"you help him, that bug may still be alive"

Attachments

• donnie1.jpg
    donnie1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 303
  • donnie2.jpg
    donnie2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 305
  • donnie3.jpg
    donnie3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 302

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Using Archimedes' Principle, the buoyancy of a submerged object can be calculated by subtracting the weight of the submerged object from the weight of the displaced liquid.

* If the total displacement, i.e., the weight of the displaced liquid, is greater than the weight of the submerged object, the buoyancy will be positive and the object will float.
* If the weight of the object is equal to that of the displaced liquid, the buoyancy will be neutral and the object will remain suspended in the liquid.
*If the weight of the submerged object is greater than that of the displaced liquid, the buoyancy will be negative and the body will sink.

DAMN, I knew I should have posted this BEFORE DW :)

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Ha Ha..... Its about time the pictures turned up! :laugh:
Thanks to all... who came to Donny's rescue :cool:
Donny and I had a blast, and Donny still claims that it was the sweetest jump at Cooperland!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Hey ...anyone know how to get Cooperland swamp water out of Answer Gear :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:rotfl: Great to hear from you Buko....The trip home went off without a hitch I presume......

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
YZ165 said:
:rotfl: Great to hear from you Buko....The trip home went off without a hitch I presume......
At least it was smooth until they got to St Louis and Donny said now if we just hit this river bank here nice and fast I'll bet we CAN CLEAR IT :aj:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
That has to be Wardy in the blue shirt and black pants in the last pic. He is the only person who wears that type of riding gloves ie taped thumbs ;)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
i have had to much practice pulling out machines in the muddy water, OF COURSE usually it is quads and not bikes!!!

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Yes we made it home in one piece.....
Donny managed to stay awake and drive his 3 hour shift..... the only reason probably being we all stayed up and harassed him......
he tried once how over to fill Nikki and Red's diesel Truck with gasoline .... but Red stoped him in time...
so yes we made it back and we managed to stay out of lakes or rivers on the way home! :nener:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Damn the DW non-attendance. I'd pay big $$ to see The Mayor take a dive. :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Dunkin Don sure took a lot of jokes thrown his way for this one. And he took it all in stride with a great sense of humur during it all. He and Red had that bike torn down within an hour or so. Not so long after that the bike was back together and pounding laps.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hey ...anyone know how to get Cooperland swamp water out of Answer Gear :)
Sorry, that will be a permenant color in the gear and anything else it touches.:nener:

Top Bottom