Chicago
Will you be purchasing this before or after you start wearing GWBs?:whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
Will you be purchasing this before or after you start wearing GWBs?:whoa:
With any luck I won't be purchasing one, I hope one just shows up. GWB's will NEVER be part of my equipment, heck I don't even wear white sneakers!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Whatever happened to manning up and lifting your bike onto a stand?

Those Ogio stands are way more a pain in the ass than just lifting. If the bike doesn't make it up on the first try, you get stuck.. If you are already tired after a moto, you're done.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Not for me. I usually have limited room to put the bike on the stand in my garage and with that I'd need at least the length of the bike to get it up on there. I'd end up ramming my wall or bench or some small child.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well for those manly men there is the option of lifting the bike up. I just think it's a pretty neat idea, I know a few times I've been wiped after several long loops in the heat and chose to lean my bike against the trailer rather than lift it on the stand and risk dumping it over along with myself. Those that know me should have a pretty good idea that hoisting a XR250 isn't really a big deal for me in most instances but some times ya' just gota' go for the easy way.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
No question, it's a cool bit of engineering.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
WB are NOT GWB.
Homophobes !

... I guess if you never actually WEAR your GWBs , then you are technically correct. :whoa:

Sidebar - After a zillion years with Alpinetars, OT is now wearing Gaerne SG10 GWBs and LOVES them. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll stick with MBB over GWB, I guess I'm just not cool or fast enough for GWB or maybe I'm just not "sth-tylish" enough.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I confess, I wear MBB....and soon I too will have a pair of sg-10's.....and they will be of the white variety.

I think that stand is pretty darn cool, but I am a lazy type. Can't go wrong with something being a tad easier. I'll roll my bike on it while wearing my new GWB!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN

You can come up and ride on my track, but you have to leave that stand and the GWB's at home.. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Good for you Indy. :cool: It's important to maintain some standards.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Maybe I could wear the GWB...and try to paint them black like some of the guys on here (that wanna paint their rims black and try to paint their plastics). Then I would have brought my GWB behind enemy lines. man oh MAN what a plan. And I'm more lazy then the lazy stand. Most of the time I lean my bike aginst a tree...or my suv. I don't need no stinking stand.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
When we first started carrying the OGIO stand (and their new ramp) I thought cool idea to fix a non issue. You know, thats nice, but it's gay. Now that I have sold 25~30 of them and used them around the shop I've kinda changed my tune. They work as advertised. :cool:

btw, whenever the GWB vs MBB thing come up I always think of this:

Attachments

• motocross.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 148
  • RobHalford_Mazur_8785889_400.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 150

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I don't get it. One has white boots and one has black boots. My Gaerne boots are brown leather. :think:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN

I'll be checking for painted boots. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
My GW(Sidi)Bs are actually brown now.
They no longer go with my "outfit." :whoa:

BTW... pink grips are the nuts

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
The only reason I won't wear white boots is because they get dirty too fast ... other than that ... I think they're OK... sorta. My daughter wears white A-stars. :nod:

Got to try my new manly black Sidi Crossfire's today - awesome, but overpriced boot.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I had a pair of white, errrr, tan Fox boots for years. I liked them whem they were new, but they looked terrible after a few seasons. My black A-stars are easier for sure.

mxisthesport

Nov 28, 2009
I found this thread in a search.. Does anyone own an ez stand i've seen some around they're sick, just looking for feed back before i buy one, they deffinately looks very user friendly!

TIA

Last edited:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…