cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Hi everyone
I have noticed my swing are has shifted slightly closer the the sprocket and since then pulled apart the swingarm. found that the bearings in the swing arm is stuffed (falling apart) does anyone know how to get these out properly as they seem to be held in there some how and how to get the new ones in if anyone else has changed the swing arm bearings and sleeves thats would great

Cheers

Spawn

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
Those bearings are pressed in, and they are in there tight! I have the good fortune of having a friend, who has a shop, with a bearing press that he let me use.I don't think there is any other way to get those bearings out without wrecking your swingarm.When I was back home I was able to press the new bearings in with a large C-clamp.One trick I learned on this site was to freeze the new bearings for a couple hours just prior to installation.Pretty easy job. Dave

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Hey there thanks for the reply.
I have just tapped them out gently and they came out on their own i noticed that on one side of the bearing entrance is larger on one side from what i can tell these should just tap straight in..

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Does anyone know if if they replaced the sleevs and little side cups for the sleeves when they done the swing arm bearings?? mine seem ok but just checking

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Yeah i just managed to get the remainder of the old bearings out of the swing arm (outer shell) as they had totally disintigrated just used a same size socket and bashed em out came out fine really happy with that just gotta put the new ones in...

Top Bottom