Coopster

May 14, 2001
I am in the process of having my suspension serviced, while the shock is out I am changing all the bearings. The swing arm bearings arm dry as hell. I attempt to hammer them out with a socket(as a driver) They won't budge. How do I get these out ?

rice1825

Oct 1, 2002
I never had any luck using a hammer either... I always use a vise. Place a socket as a driver on the one side, like you are, and then a bigger socket on the other side to allow space for the old bearing to slide out. Throw it in a vise and press them out. It takes a lot force to initially get them to move, but once they start moving they pop right out. I also found it easy to install the bearings with a vise as well.

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Get a treaded lag bolt, or treaded rod depending on lenght needed with nut, and use a combination of sockets and washers to make a press. Good luck with it.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
Socket and vise worked sweet for me both in and out with the bearings.Never hammer on the new ones ,you'll mess them up.Just did mine,the pivot works kit was sweet .Rocky mtn mc is where i got the swingarm complete kit(seals,bushings and all).

meistro60

Dec 8, 2003
What type of bearings are in the swingarm?

Just for info sake, bring me up to speed on this issue.
What type of bearings are in the swingarm?
Are they sealed or needle?
Must they be removed to service?

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Have a look

Attachments

• Needles.jpg
    Needles.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 104

Top Bottom