crazy4life

Aug 30, 2007
I just got around to looking at my much needed rub plate and it looks like the person before me didnt use one for awile!!! There looks to be slight damage by the front sprocket on the swing arm right by the bearing :bang: :bang: :yell:

I think im going to say screw it and move on but, i was wondering how much i should worry about it sence their is a decent amount of damage done. I was thinking about filling in the damange with some of that cool aluminum stuff.

Either way this is not what i wanted to come across.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I had the same problem with my 125.

How bad is it? Did it go all the way thru into the bearings?

Are the bearings trashed?

I had mine welded, and then used a dremel to clean up the inside so that the bearings would fit back in. New set of bearings & a new rub, it's just like new again.

crazy4life

Aug 30, 2007
It is almost to the bearings, extreamly close. The bearings are stilll instacted :D I'l take a picture here in a second. I think im going to smooth some of that aluminum stuff on it just to reinforce some. I really wanted to get away with not taking the swing arm.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
With that sort of neglect, it's probably best to go ahead and pull the swingarm off and at the very least inspect, clean & regrease the bearings.

I'd say they probably need to be replaced, but you won't know that for sure until you get an eyeball on them.

It's really not a very hard job..

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
That also happened on Spiders 2001 CR125. Wonder if it just coincidence?

We pulled the swing arm and had it welded then also used a dremel to smooth out the hole before installing new bearings. After that I made sure to keep the chain in specs for tension and never saw any more damage

Top Bottom