Briggsracing

Mod Ban
Nov 4, 2003
Ya we got all new stuff for it and its ready to race enduro. Bars chains sprockets oversize tank ICO computer new michlen tires and custom backgrounds and graphics from a local sponsor. Can't wait to race! Good luck with your KTM's.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I just picked up an 03 525 SX on Saturday, and I would also be interested in quality knowledge/advice. What about the stainless filters?

I did put in just a few hours Sunday, and so far, I LOVE it. Am going to hate putting the first scratch on it though!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by Grady
I would also be interested in quality knowledge/advice.
 :confused:

What about the stainless filters?  

Opinions vary on filters,......I prefer paper only becuase I like the idea of getting rid of the dirt,  instead of hoping that all the dirt was flushed or blown out of the stainless filter.

Last edited:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
go with the paper and throw them out like shaw says. Keep an eye on spokes, as they seem to take a while to set in. My 04 has not been a problem, but the 03 and before seem to like loosening up. Loctite the shifter clamp bolt. I am thinking of going with a steering damper, in the fast stuff, I get some head shake, on T/T they had quite a discussion over this, but thats about the only thing I am doing to my bike, other then adding gas :laugh: also, check your chain adjustment routine, alot of new guys on KTM's seem to like running them a little on the tight side, they need there slack! or you could do damage to the rear hub, bearings :thumb:

Last edited:

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Storytime,
I would get one of the clutch protecters for Enduro Engineering. (www.lansingcycle.com)
They have a lot of good products for KTM's.
Happy Holidays,
Dave Thoms

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Thanks for the advice Guys, the bike already has the clutch slave protector, and I noticed the chain was too tight before I rode it.

I will loctite the shifter before next ride.

(just saw that my Son was signed on, sorry bout that. Grady)

Last edited:

Briggsracing

Mod Ban
Nov 4, 2003
Hey rich, aol chatroom? lol your a joke delete my name plz why waste time on forums where you go against some peoples favorite bike and it gets deleted. Oh btw i wasn't being a jackass but you sure proved yourself to be. So enjoy your fake forums im off to race (my YZ) instead of bench argue with a "jackass." But why would you care right? Just a high schooler aol chatter right? Peace out old timer and dont hurt yourself.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Briggsracing
Hey rich, aol chatroom? lol your a joke delete my name plz

Happy to oblige. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom