SX vs. YZ suspension, need opinions

HGaither

Oct 23, 2000
Does anyone know if the KTM linkless rear suspension can be made to work as good as or at least close to the Yamaha suspension. Having previously owned a 00 WR 400 and now owning a 400SX, I know that to me the Yamaha seemed to work a lot better as it came. Granted the Yamaha was heavy and took a gorila to start but the suspension inspired confidence and the KTM does not. I would really like to get as many other opinions as possible though.

shaggy829

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2001
HGAITHER
the 400sx has mx orientd valving so it will be harsher in comparison to the wr. the sx susp. can be tuned to your needs and can work very well. :)

mikee88o

Aug 9, 2001
just a few days ago mx-tech started production on the new pds piston i did some testing with one-offs and liked most setups more than the yz i owned in january on an 01 125sx

trewent

~SPONSOR~
May 26, 2000
I also have the same opinion. Both bikes ('98 Yamaha and '00 400 exc) had heavier fork springs, were stock and I swear that the yamaha is plusher suspension both on track and trail. If I could get the ktm to work like the yz suspension wise it would be heaven.

Top Bottom