csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
alright, i have a compression gauge but it wont fit under the tank and i dont wana take it off.

It runs fine and starts pretty good

it just kicks over so easy it worrys me, i can push the kickstarter down with a pinky. no problem. Maybe there is a compression release but i just dont know.

also the bike seems to be lacking some bottom end, would getting a new piston and rings help give the bike more bottom end?

I know its time for a top end, but it runs good and if a topend give me all highend i dont think i need it right now
]
Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
So.. even though you know the top end needs to be replaced, you will only do it if it makes the bike torguey?

It's a 125.. They don't have "bottom end power"..

If your top end needs to be done, I'd think really hard about doing it, otherwise you'll be doing the crank soon too.

Piston shrapnel can really be bad for crank bearings.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
LMAO...you don't wanna take the tank off....by the time you typed this, your tank would have been off already. And by the time I typed this, you would have it back on. Yikes kids....is school out already???

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I was thinking the same thing, Wolf, lol.

OP, FWIW, if you are low on compression due to a worn out top end, it can effect your bottom end power.

But as Indy pointed out, many racing 125's have very little to begin with.

KTM forged pistons tend to be pricey, but usually last longer than other brands. At least put some rings in there.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
yup,im ganna throw some rings in, i already got them ordered

i dont wana take the tank off because im just going to take it off when i put the rings in.

Top Bottom