synthetic oils, with non synthetic

mx4life

Feb 8, 2007
hey, i have been running non synthetic oil in my bike, and i just had half a can of non synthetic oil mix with gas, and today i baught synthetic oil, and added it and more gas to the mix, now i have a gas can with half synthetic oil and non, and gas mix, should i use this in my bike? will i wreak anything ect, If its fine please say, because thats expencif stuff and i REALLY dont want to waste it,or trash my bike, thanks for ur replys

mx4life

Feb 8, 2007
nope, i was usin this 5 dollar stuff from the gas station , and now i got some 100% synthetic stuff, ( i used to use yamalube 2 cycle before i got the non synthetic garbage) is that synthetic? im worried lol

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
if your unsure if they can be mixed just dump it in your truck,car,lawnmower and mix a fresh batch with one kind of oil and stick to that one kind of oil that way your sure.if it was me theres no way i would mix them (no even in the bikes tank but thats just me

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mx4life said:
i need to know if any harm will be done

No, it won't cause any problems.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
No problems, but if you've been mixing your synthetic at 50:1 and you run a conventional, they're only good for 32:1. So, you'd have to add enough additional oil to bring the ratio of the whole mixture to 32:1.

Top Bottom