tator

Feb 17, 2004
I don't think so I never got off the trail or anything like that, and I did'nt fall back. but thats possible. I will e-mail Tim he might know if I missed a check.

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
Tator,

Probably just a mistake by Moore. He's putting in all of those score cards after racing for 3.5 hours. I'm sure he'll fix you up without any trouble.

A lot of people missed the 4th check on the first loop. While working the second loop check we kept having Novice X riders come in asking when they were done :ohmy: . I guess there was some place where they jumped back onto the start of the loop and totaly missed camp.

deano...

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
RMjeff said:
Question for you guys.

What are your thoughts on slower kids on 80's riding Sundays event? I ran across a few and was afraid to pass. I just didnt want to hurt them. I ended up passing 2 in a row on the second loop going up the hill just before the 2.9 mark. It took some serious bushwacking to get around.

If they are on 80's, you have a clear weight advantage, they knock over easily. :p Just kidding.

BTW, what would you guys suggest for a odometer without going to a full blown computer? The stock replacement cable and unit would cost more than a trail tech unit.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
If they are on 80's, you have a clear weight advantage, they knock over easily. :p Just kidding.

BTW, what would you guys suggest for a odometer without going to a full blown computer? The stock replacement cable and unit would cost more than a trail tech unit.

You can have the stock unit off my WR! Of course it's in kilometers :ohmy:

I used the Trial tech unit on my other bike last year. It works but you need to use the mechanical roll chart as well and do the math on the fly. Last year, I always started each race this method, then after a few checks as caved in and I just hung with the expert on my minute. It only sucked when they crashed, lost the trail or had a flat etc. IMO, I would save the hundred you'd spend on the trail tech and put it towards the watchdog.

You can always look for a used one. Check KTM Talk or thumpertalk. Ebays always good too. FYI, I know Thumbs is selling his old unit, I don't believe it's a watchdog, but it works and woudl get you in the game for less coin.

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Next outing, I will prolly just use the roll chart, my gps odomoter, and some kind of digital watch and just kinda follow along. I feel like I was looking at your guys test papers, I'll go to detention now.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Deano - I know and you know you're winking about adding minutes to my card. Nothing could be further from the truth .. I know you wouldn't do that ! :worship:

Hope you feel better for the March race ... but glad you at least got in some primo spectating at the bottom of that drop off where the check was ... I bet that was fun.

I have to say "WOW" ... I didn't think one club race would get everyone so pumped up. I have way more fun when you guys show up. :thumb:

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I just poured some gas into a cup and it appears to be mixed.

2Stroke- When I ran the first few enduros on my RM I used a Bell bicycle odometer from Wal-Mart. It wasnt perfect but it go me close.

Deano - I think you gave me Eel's extra minutes..thanks :thumb:

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
the Eel said:
Hope you feel better for the March race ...

Actually, I agreed to go up to the Boar with MCassle that weekend. I figured a lot of the crew would show up again, like last year, but sounds like everyone is going to do the club race. :ugg: That's ok, I really don't like racing at Hodge Rd all that much. Those damn rocks eat me up!

Looks like I'm going to miss the April event also, due to a Boy Scout camp that I have to take my son to. :whiner:

Maybe the crew will arange another ride before long, and I will be able to join in!

deano...

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ply you have the right perscetive. Good to see you spending time with the boy and scouts rather than riding instead. I was a scoutmaster for 5 years with my son and despite the issues scouting had in the media a few years ago, thats still a great organization.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Thanks Brett. I have the piston and rings but I think the crank is the problem. :ugg: Any suggestions for a company to do a bottom rebuild?

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I just rebuilt mine, I don't know how to do it myself so I had a friend from FMF help and so far so good I almost have a new motor now. are you sure you need a new crank ? my top end blew and sent a bunch of metal thru the bottom end so mine was bad, unless it seized real bad the crank may be ok. I think a bottom end rebuild can get expensive, Kevin Knight from TWMC can probably do it and I know he takes side jobs, he was a mechanic at Long Beach motorsports, he worked on my jetski once. What about 89er ?

Top Bottom