Tag Oversized mounting Q's

mbl

Jun 12, 2003
I am mounting the Tag Trojan mounts to my 03 KDX 220. I have two questions for the list.

1. Where is the alloy washer supose to go? I searched here and found 2 conflicting answers. One said to take out the top rubber cone and put the washer in its place, the other said to remove the bottom. Which is correct?

2. The top pieces of the clamps have a dot stamped on them. I think that the dot should be forward when the mount is mounted to put the bars in the back position. Is this correct?

I have also sent a email to Tag, but dont know how quickly they will reply and I would like to wrap this up tonight...Correctly!

Thanks for your time. I will post Tags reply if no one gives me that answer first!

Brian

CYCLE WORKS

Oct 22, 2003
I WOULD BE VERY LEARY TO REMOVE EITHER OF THE RUBBER CONES ON THAT BIKE...THOSE MOUNTS ARE DESIGNED FOR KX'S OR CR'S. ON THE CR'S YOU DONT NEED THAT LITTLE SPACER IT IS DESIGNED FOR THE KX'S. IT IS SUPPOSED TO GO UNDERNEATH EVERYTHING JUST TO TAKE UP THE EXTRA SPACE. I IMAGINE JUST USE YOUR JUDGEMENT TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU NEED TO TAKE UP ANY EXTRA SPACE. THAT IS ALL THAT SPACE IS USED FOR.
CYCLE WORKS

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I have the same mounts in black. The cones HAVE to stay in, both of them. I took off the 2 stock washers, and left the 2 stock washers with the grove things in them to hold in the rubber cones. The bult just barely sticks through the nut this way.

Top Bottom