boardadikt

May 20, 2003
I was wondering about the TAG upper triple clamps. The Matrix is a little more money than the T2 clamp but it has rubber mounts. What are the benefits of rubber mounted handlebars? Is there any drawbacks to them? Is it worth the extra money? The TAG T2 upper clamp is not rubber mounted but it has more positions available for bar mounting. I am 6'2", 200lbs, ride a yz250 and ride mostly supercross tracks and alot of motocross tracks. I hit the track at least twice a week.

Can anyone help me decide which one to go with?

Thanks, BoardAdikt

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Depends on what you are looking for...do you want more room? less vibration? both? Is tag the only clamp you are willing to buy? There are triple clamps out there that do both.

boardadikt

May 20, 2003
Yes, I want more room. I am unsure about vibration--my bike isn't that bad, but then again I have never tried rubber mounts so I don't know what it would be like. Can anyone tell me the benefits and drawbacks to rubber mounts. I would like to stick with TAG because I can get a deal on them through a friend. With the matrix I can go slightly more forward with the mounts, but not as much as with the T2.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I'm thinking of getting solid mount triple clamps for my KX. Have gone down slighty hard a few times and the bars twist in the rubber mounted clamps kinda easy. My 98KX had rubber mounts but the guy I bought it from made aluminum mounts to replace the rubber and I've never had a prob. with them twisting, even with some big wipeouts.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
If arm pump isn't a prob for you then I would go with more room. If you want rubber mounts I think Tag makes a single upper mount that helps with the twisting (probably sold seperately). I haven't had any problems with the twisting after crashes. I don't have the single upper mount either.

Top Bottom