nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The majority of the races on the MX track look to be on Saturday. I was thinking that a tag-team MX race on Thursday or Friday would be kinda fun. While brainstorming - I came up with two different "game plans":

(1) Teams of two - riding the same bike - 6 laps on the mx track and "trade off" the bike in the start area (in front of the gates)

(2) Teams of two - riding your own bikes - 6 laps - first set of partners takes off (normal start) while thier partner waits behind gate for teammate to reach a checkpoint (mark off a spot after the normal finish line that is visible from the starting gate) then partner goes while the first partner loads back into the gate and waits for their teammate to reach the same checkpoint, and repeat...

What do you guys think? Who is interested? I saw a lot of members singed up for 3 and 4 days - so hopefully a big enough group will be around. Even if there is only 5-10 teams - it will still be fun. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
As long as both bike and body stay in good condition. I am game for all rides/races!
Dirtweek will be my first time at a track! There could be some good photo ops!:eek:
I can't wait!!! :) :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sounds good to me... how about 3 laps so we change more often?
We'll be handing off a "certain item" in the Team HS, we could do the same in the MX?

We could put this in place of "Langtown East", don't know if we have enough small bikes for that anyway.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
When I suggested 6 laps - I was thinking each person only does one lap at a time. That way we change quite often! I was thinking 8 at first - but didn't want to see any Tortelli-like (running out of gas) problems if we switch off with the same bike.

At one lap then a 2-3 minute rest then another lap... etc... I might be able to breathe at the end of the race :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Great idea Nik...

Where do I sign? Will there be a trophy for slowest lap time? How about slowest team lap time?

Wait a minute... Ivan's not going, so I'll have a helluva time finding someone slower than me.:p

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sure Okie - I'll take the lead on this one - just as long as I get to race it too :)

What do you guys think - will it be more fun having the teams use the same bike or each rider using their own bikes? Some people are a little funny about letting others share their bikes... so maybe we'll do your own bike.

Passing off an item is a good idea too - never thought about that. Although I can't hold something and ride at the same time :confused: Maybe something you can clothespin to the bike or put around your wrist or something... I'll think about it.

Hmmm... splitting up the teams... how do you know who's "fast"? The bat idea... you don't want to see what I had for lunch - do ya? :) I'll figure out something!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
use the same bike. we did this at a mx race once and it was really fun. the funny part is watching the first guy try to get off while the second one tries to get on. it sometimes gets comical.

have you ever tried to ride fast while holding something? it's not easy to do. i rode in a couple of motorcycle rodeos where we did the same events as the horses: flag race, pole race and barrel race. if you are not familiar with rodeos, in the flag race you ride to one end of the arena, grab a flag off a barrel, then ride back with the flag as quickly as possible. just try doing a third gear sweeper with one hand and you'll see what i'm talking about.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I'm game.....how do we pick a partner?
Anyone looking for a slow spode to team up with? :eek:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
you should make it by luck of the draw. That way there will be no sandbagging teams. Not that such a thing ever happens.... :think

B

biglou

I like it!

Let's do this in one form or another.:)
John, I'll be your partner. I'm used to your riding style!;)
Don't worry, I won't post that pic again.:o

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
:think hmmm.... last golf scramble I went to, everyone said they were a D player.:p

Sounds like a blast!
Although I'd be just as sick if I cracked someone elses steed up, as I would be with the bat.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm game too, but agree we should use our own bikes. I crash enough, let alone have to worry about wreaking someone else' bike. I would ride even slower trying not to wreak it. The idea is a good one Nikki! :)

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Sounds like fun.

It should be hillarious in the pits for the bike changes.

In Nascar and F1, the pit crews all wear helmets. So would we!
Coincidence? I think not.;)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
We did something like that at an event once but we had a pair of HUGE boxer shorts for each team. To hand off to yur partner you had to drop the boxers and your partner had to put them on before taking off. It was a RIOT! Defintely video camera material.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I agree with Mikeb, we need to make the riders do something when his team mate tags off!:think

Last edited:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by oldguy

I thought about that but when I checked my wife only had 2 pairs in her dresser drawer:scream:

( note to self) 1) call oldguy, impress on him how much you like his shiney new red truck. 2) forward quote to Mrs Oldguy! 3) put add in paper for my old truck

Top Bottom