kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
Bought a pair of Tag X5 bars from Rocky Mtn. I got the CR double high. Cut em down to 29.5" I put 20 miles on them and the crossbar is popping in the clamps. They are as tight as you can go! Called Rocky and they said no refund if they have been cut, Tag said the same, even though this is unrelated to me cutting them. I said well word of mouth or uhh finger is the best advertising out there so this is my rant... I should have stayed with Pro taper SE, but they don't make the double high bend yet, know excuse me while I go and cobb my brand new bars to keep them from popping. :bang: -Josh

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If I remember right, the Tag CR double hi has tons of sweep/pullback, so maybe that is causing your clamp issue? Maybe a taller bend with less sweep would have been the ticket? But I agree... you shoulda stuck with the Pro Taper SE's, good luck! Maybe you can sell the Tags to a friend and try again?

rohleder149

Oct 11, 2006
i had tag x5's and didn't have a problem....as far as their customer service.....call any bar company with the same scenario and you'll get the same response. you can't alter their product i.e. cut them down. tag is actually a really cool company ran by some really nice people. had you gone through a bike shop, they probably could have called up the tag rep, told them the situation.....and you would have a new set of bars. companies are more likely to warranty something if the problem is addressed by a bike shop rather than an individual, and you don't get that option with the web sites.

Top Bottom