Flobo

Apr 12, 2003
OK here's a little background info....I've never OWNED a bike, but I have ridden neighbors/friends ATC200X's and an 88 CR125. Now I know that '88 is an old bike, but I became very used to it's power...it seemed ALMOST tame. I'd say I spent 40 hours or so on the bike? It's been almost a year since I've ridden though, cause he sold the CR to get a CBR600F3(which he won't let me ride...lol)Anyway, I could jump his CR a little, put my foot out and dump the clutch to make a real sharp turn, and go WOT through ALL the gears on a dirt road...I think topspeed was about 45.

So NOW I find myself looking at dirtbikes, and I'm 6'5" 200#....From what I've read YZ's are small and have the tightest ergos, so what I think I want to get is a '98 KX250, or a '98-2000 CR250??? Are Kawi's the best bikes for tall guys like myself? from everything I've read it looks like Kawi's and Honda's have the most open ergos....And what can you tell me about aftermarket bars? cause I know they make a differance...I know next to nothing about bikes, how to rebuild a carb or rebuild a top end or anything like that, but this site looks like a great place to learn.(Any links or other places where I could learn the basics would be greatly appreciated) Are aftermarket bars and foot pegs(?) and maybe a thicker seat foam things I can do to compensate for my height? what kinda suspension adjustements/mods will I have to do for my weight? cause from what I've read the bikes are designed for a rider of about 140-150#?!?!?!

GREAT SITE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :D

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
go to dealers and sit on bikes see what feels comfortable to you..... the yxs have taller seat hieghts n the mx2 stroke bikes but are somewhat cramped people say but in 6'3" and do not find it cramped at all but w/e...

Top Bottom