Tall Rider & CRF 450 Combination

brethren

May 17, 2004
I was hoping some other tall riders could help me out and let me know if the CRF 450 was a comfortable bike even for a tall rider. I know there are some things I can do to make it more comfortable like taller handlebars and lowboy footpegs, but the seat height is 2" shorter than my current yamaha. I have also heard the riding pocket for the Honda is small already, meaning the stand up space between the pegs and the handle bars.

Just looking for some feed back from other riders that are 6' and over.

Thanks,

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
You should be fine. Im 6'2 and went from a WR250 (really tall) to a CRF450 (not so tall). The biggest improvement for me was installing CR Hi's in the forward position. The previous owner also shaved the seat. If you think its a small bike stock you should try riding it with low rise bars and a shaved seat.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
6-2 and it fits great, stock.

vic580

May 9, 2002
I am 6'5" and the first thing I did was call guts racing and get a tall seat and cover,theirs are the tallest out there.Then I got a pair of cr-hi bend bars,the a hammerhead designs shift tip that is 15mm longer than stock and I had my brake lever lengthened and inch,them I put Fastway lowboy pegs on it,I took the pegs off because they are so wide it is hard to pivot my foot to shift and brake and in the lowboy position my legs are bent even more and there is less weight on the front end.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I never liked the felt of CR's, I'm 6'5 with a 34" inseam and they feel like a lowrider compared to most other bikes, IMHO. The ergonomics aren't bad for a tall person when you're standing but I couldn't get over how low it felt straddling the bike, and when you're sitting. If I were to ever buy one I would need to put a seat foam on it so tall that it would probably make the bars feel way too low.

Lots of other tall guys ride them and don't have the same complaint so it's just an issue for me I guess. I'd suggest riding one before you buy one though just in case you don't feel comfortable on it.

vic580

May 9, 2002
I have a 36" inseam and have been riding Honda open class CR's since 83 and have never had the seat height troubles I have with my current cr,might need to make a custom foam myself.

Top Bottom