pncstod

Jun 8, 2008
I have a 2003 YZ250. I am 6 foot 5 inches tall and have size 13 boots. I am looking for things to do to it to make it more comfortable for a rider my size. I am looking into tall seats and have found the sdg tall seats but do not know if it will make a noticeable difference. Any help or tips will be appreciated....

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
anything, even a 5mm change in bar or footpeg position, is a noticeable change.

Fastway pegs, tall seats, and taller bar bends or clamps will all help make the bike fit better.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
almost a full 10mm down and back, I believe. Don't quote me. I don't feel like going out to the garage and measuring.

If you google them, there are a plethora of articles about them on various moto websites.

and they aren't the only game in town. I believe IMS and Pro Circuit make some as well. And if you are real catty, you can modify your own pegs to a "lowboy" position yourself.

Ridon

Sep 25, 2007
Hello, 6.6 here. I ride a WR450F and i recently bought the Guts Racing tall seat. The difference is huge. Also you can try to push your handlebars forward,this will help you to ride more comfortable while standing. It is also a good idea to buy bar risers but not too tall ones. As for fastway pegs i have never tried them, but i'm thinking of buying them because most tall riders use them. :cool:

FNG

May 2, 2008
6'4" and 225 here on a 95' YZ 250.

I bought a set of Pro-Tapers in the new RM/KTM bend as the chart showed the least pullback and most height I could get. With the adaptors it is way more comfortable.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Only 6'2", but I've done the same thing, and was a big improvement over stock stup, for me. I've looked at those pegs, but worry abou the loss of ground clearance with them.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
I'm 6'3, I've got the cr high bend protapers on my 95 tilted forward +1 from zero mark on the bars. and my 96 came from a yeti of a man who had some already tall bend bars that were cut down a little off the ends too, which makes the steering a little quicker but more importantly keeps your hand closer together:taller. Pred would you say those pedals are worth getting? I'm pretty happy with what I have but maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

pgkeating

Aug 8, 2008
6'3" on a KTM

Well, I guess you have to access where your inches are coming from. I'm 6'3", but have a shorter inseam (32), so usually, stock set ups (seat to pegs) don't bother me. I'm only a 12 shoe, but find stock pegs a little small, so that may be enough reason to change 'em out.

Up top, I always lean the bars forward and stack 2" worth of risers (pitposse on ebay = cheap) to keep more comfortable (upright).

BTW, if your bars are cut down, they will be quicker, but having your hands closer together can effect breathing. I like 'em as wide as possible.

brian2372

Sep 12, 2005
6'2" with a 36 inseam and size 10 boots on a 00 cr 250.i lowered my footpegs from a artical in a magazine(free) and put on a tall seat foam which has helped greatly with a pain i get in the back of my kneecaps during long desert races.

Top Bottom