Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
hey im going to re do my graphics and seat cover soon, im 6'3" and i was considering buying some taller seat foam to give me some more butt to foot peg room on my 2000 YZ 125 , i was wondering if anyone has used tall seat foam o na yz 125 around the year of mine and how if any it improved the overall feel of the bike, does it change cornering caracteristics? also since your sitting higher would i have to get some taller bend of bars/ clam set ups?
thanks for your input in advance.....

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Your 2000 YZ is very similar (plastic and seat) to my 1997 YZ. I am 5'10" so it is not as if I am some sort of a giant. I added an applied upper clamp that moves the bars slightly foreward and some Doug Henry bars with very little pullback.

I do not know how to explain the feel for the changes. The bike feels the way it should. I noticed it being much easier to go from a sitting to a standing position. The turning was better after I followed Studboys advise and installed the Henry bars.

You feel the seat being taller, but honestly the difference is very little on a measuring tape.

I had hoped to be abl eto switch between the new and old seat. I cannot even stand the old one long enough to ride with it.

yam 3

May 19, 2000
I'm 6' and have put taller foam on both a 00 and 02...by far the best ergonomic mod I have ever done to a bike. I would do it in a heartbeat.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
its a real good mod- go for the GUTS foam you can get them in different densities- the SDG complete tall seat wasnt ver good IMO

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
alright guys thanks for the input ithink ill pick some up before i slap on new graphics, i have charmicle bend Renthals on my bike right now( they have the least pull back out of all the bends) so i will se how that is ....

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
My good riding buddy has a 00 YZ 125, and he swears by the tall seat foam. I think he got his through Ceet, then he got their gripper cover to go with it. He says he'd do it to his next bike in a heart beat! And he's not even that tall, maybe 5'11". He said it was easier to slide forward and back, and to go from sitting to standing.

Top Bottom