tall seat?

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I have one of the Guts tall seat foam cores, and I'm happy with it. I had another aftermarket cover, I'd use their cover with their foam if I was going to do it again. And I might even have them install it. I screwed it up the first time, learned the second. Not hard, just not completely obvious and one of those 5 handed jobs...

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
Guts Racing offers 3 different densities of foam. The soft is really quite soft. That's what I used on one of my bikes. Then they have a medium and a hard foam

For anybody out there with older KDXs, Hiflite is still around and making covers and seat foams for mid 80s KDXs as well as later models. they will make custom colors and graphics on the seat covers too and offer two densities of foam, but their soft foam is pretty hard actually.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Sure, lots. Aftermarket bar mounts and your choice of 1 1/8th bars. I run Tusk Chub CR hi bend cut to 29". Like 'em pretty good for an inexpensive 1 1/8th bar.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I need a 7/8 to 1 1/8 inch converter. Any suggestions are welcome. Or replace the exsisting bar mounts to the clamps.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I think either Rocky Mountain or Dennis Kirk has a 1" riser that is also a converter, I forget which I was looking at when I saw it.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
pretty much anybody will have one. The tusk one works just fine, I have a pair of them.

Here ya go
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...atId=12&keyword=BAR+ADAPTOR&prodFamilyId=3154

For about twice the cost, these are the bomb...
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268

I mean, if you're gonna spend $40 on a block of metal anyway, might as well be good looking block of metal that adds functionality.... right? Buddy of mine has the anti-vibration rox risers on his EXC, they are damn nice. Put the bars exactly where u want 'em.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Julien D, Thanks for the Rocky link I must of missed that one. This looks perfect! and that other link is a little to much but very interesting. Much thanks.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I got a set of those Rox risers on the used Ulysses I got, they are beautiful. All the more so when somebody else paid for them! ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…