xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
Just got my wife a 04' KX100. She is 5'-4" and does a lot of stand up riding. I was wondering if anyone has found a taller set of bars for the KX that will make riding stand up a bit better. I have found a couple of $80 plus bars with more rise but I am really looking to try a cheap set of steel bars first. Just in case she does not like the taller bars, I won't be out of $80 plus.

Thanks.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
Over at rockymountainmc.com they have a pair of Tusk t-7 bars for 20 some odd dollars. I have them. THey are mini high bend, and they give you more room, and i'm comfortable standing up. And i'm 5'5"-5'6" so we're pretty close. And i have put these bars threw quite a bit and they still have not bent. Where i've heard stories of renthals bending, just by the bike falling off the stand. This bars Are nice for the price. Or if you wanna go expensive, you cna also get Pro Taper AC-3 bars and i think they have a mini-high bend, or something down that road.

xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
Thanks for the numbers. That is what I was looking for. Sounds like those bars will be right where I want them to be for my wife.

Did you have any problems with cables not being long enough?

Thanks again.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
No i didn't have problems with the cables, however the front breakline cable is tighter, as long as the throttle, but they fit.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
My son's KX100 came with a set of Azonic deluxe wall bars, along with some adapters that rose them up (they are a fat bar design and the previous owner didn't want to buy a new upper triple clamp). Definitely opens things up but the bars alone are $120, plus the adapters. Clearly they're pricey, but my problem with them is nobody makes barkbusters that fit. They're even fatter than Pro-Tapers plus they have a crossbar (they are almost identical to Renthal double walls).

So I'm looking to get something more standard. Do these Tusk bars fit Cycra or Acerbis barkbusters? How about the Renthal Mini-high bars?

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
they should, i have moose racing on mine. with the standard 7/8 inch clamps, and they fit without needing any modification. So they should work with any 7/8 inch clamps.

dirtfreak

Feb 16, 2003
Put my vote in on the Tusk T-7. I bought them for my KX100 and I'm about 5'5"-5'6" like Racer#213. Fit me perfect, some adjustment of the throttle cable was needed though because of the taller rise.

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
How much are the Renthals and the Tusks? Are the Tusks just as good or is there a big difference between the two? Also, do you have to buy those anoying $80 bar adapters for any of them?

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
that's the beauty of the TUSKS! They are only 21.99! I think you can only purchase them from rockymountainmc.com however.

If you think about it though, 3 pairs of those will be equivelant to 1 pair of renthals. and i have taken my fare share of spills on my bike, between flipping hte bike, smacking a tree, getting flung to the side hard, and the tusks are still holding up strong.

I will recommend them to anyone.

And no they are standard 7/8 Inch so they will fit into your oem clamps

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I got a set of these along with their barkbuster kit ($49.99) and have to say I am very, very impressed. The quality of the bars is amazing. If I saw a set on a bike I'd have assumed they were $75 bars. The clamps that hold the crossbar on are almost art. The barkbuster kit looks just like the Moose barkbusters and the shields are nice, too. The overall height appears to be about the same as the Azonics bars w/riser now on the bike.

So thank you very much for the recommendation. Anyone want to buy a set of Azonics deluxe wall bars, along with the riser that adapts them to the stock triple clamp? Very nice bars but MX only since you can't put barkbusters on them.

Top Bottom