MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Hello there. I currently race a '03 KTM 250exc that I'm quite happy with. I'm going to be replacing it a little later in the year and have started looking at Gas Gas. A friend of mine just bought a leftover 300 and I'm quite impressed with it. I am just at 6 foot and it felt cramped after jumping off my KTM. I noticed that Smackover sells taller foam and I was curious of the results of that or if anyone offers complete seats for the GG. I would also like to mount my Scotts damper under the bar and wondered if anyone makes a mount. I was thinking with these 2 mods the cokpit should be quite a bit roomier? I'm in NC and we have some good dealers around. The good price with contingency I don't think I could go wrong? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I'm also 6 foot tall and ride a 2001 XC250. Compared to my friend's KTM EXC250, it felt a bit small when I first got it. However, I bought BRP handle bar mounts to shift the bars forward and up a bit. I use the standard seat and standard foot pegs. I've heard others using the taller seat and Fastway lower pegs. Overall, I like my bike with just the handle bar modification. Note: on newer GasGas (04 and 05), the triple clamp offers two mounting positions. On my 2001, there was only one position.

Just remember... the cockpit position can be easily changed and there are aftermarket parts available to do it. Don't let your initial impression turn you away. Hope you get the GasGas... you won't be disappointed!
:cool:

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
Some also run a pastrana freestyle bar - taller with less sweepback than the commonly used "woods hi" pro-taper bend.

I have the fastway pegs and besides being good for a taller guy - they move the shifter into a better position (relative to the footpeg height).

- jeff
2001 GasGas EC300 enduro
2000 GasGas TXT280 trails
www.lt-racing.com GasGas Performance Products
www.gasgasrider.org GasGas Rider's Club

Top Bottom