Sphinx

Oct 16, 2002
I found what I think is a deal on 2 complete wheels, 21" front and 19" rear. I was told they would fit 98-02 Yamahas. They have gold talon hubs, silver excel rims, stock brake discs (front and rear), sprocket on the rear, with heavy duty tubs and Dunlops. A local shop took them off their race bike (they have 10 races on them), so they are used, but they sound like a good deal. Is there anything I need to know about talon hubs? Is there an old model that only works with a discontinued rim or something else strange? I haven't seen them, but I am going to look at them tomorrow. Any info would be great.

Sphinx

Oct 16, 2002
If somebody sent me a message, could you please post it here. I am going to subscribe, but I currently don't have access to the email account which this user name is associated with. Thanks.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Too help you compare prices when you buy them.I purchased a complete front wheel from excel - the rotor.I paid $355 +the rotor $ 89 that was a descent price the spline driven nipples are excellent.Make sure when you buy the wheels that they are true, tell them to mount them on the truing stand and make them show you how straight they are. :thumb:

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by Cam Mitchell
did the $355 include the adaptor piece too?

Cam I did have to pay seperate for the rotor carrier also,I think I paid 85.00 for that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom